Check lat/long

TomTom Model(s)
xxl540
I just bought a XXL 540 and would like to check Latitude and Longitude of Favorites I have installed. How do I open the favorite to be able to do this?

The favourites are kept in a file called mapsettings.cfg in the specific map folder.

If you download poi edit from here: http://www.poiedit.com/ you'll be able to open the .cfg file in ot and see the lat/long

finding lat/long

OK, I downloaded poiedit and plugged in my tomtom. can not find anywhere the file mapsetting.cfg to open and can not se any favorite POI's while in poiedit. I am not computer illiterate, but am definately having trouble. Please HELP> thanks

Did you use Explorer to see the mapsettings.cfg file in the specific map folder on your unit? (probably North_America or USA_Canada_Mexico). That's the file you'd want to use.

May I suggest a different method, using just the TomTom?

Just go to "Browse map" on the TomTom.

At the bottom is an "Options" button. Tap that and on the following screen check that "Favourites" are ticked to show on the map.

Next, tap the "Advanced" button at the bottom of THAT screen and tick "Coordinates"

Tap "Done",

Now, whenever you go to the Browse map screen it will show the coordinates of the flashing blue cursor. So just go "Find" - "Favourite" and select the one you want and it will be shown on screen along with it's coordinates.

You can also change the way the coordinates are displayed (decimal degrees, degrees/minutes/seconds etc.) in the "Preferences" / "Units" menu.

Ask a Question