Hello check this out

TomTom Model(s)
one xl
im new to this forum because..........Here's a very strange problem that I had last summer with my GPS....It turned it self on and seemed to be traveling through acertain area quite a few miles from where it was located.Much of the information is in the video caption.Feel free to ask any questions.I would like to know if there is a any reasonable explanation for this GPS behaving this way.I am new to this forum and cannot post links .Please search youtube for "Odd GPS Greenwood Cemetary strange.3gp" I would love to hear any input as to how this GPS "tracking " could occur.

Welcome to TTF. There was a flaw in an app some time ago for certain models which would cause the unit to turn on by itself. Often precipitated by the user not clearing a route prior to shutdown.

HI and welcome.

As you've also asked the question about the odd "tracking" here, shall we direct any answers about that over to the other topic and keep this topic just for welcomes?

Andy_P Thank you for your welcome. You are right .I should not have posted my questions in the introductions area.I see you have moderator privileges.Feel free to delete this entire thread if you wish.I will properly introduce myself after that is done.

No, not at all!
It's great to have people saying "Hello" here.

My only worry is that some members might miss people's technical question if they don't look in this section quite so often as the others.

Ask a Question