"Best" use of SD card on the 730?

OK, my Go 730 arrives today, so after I charge it, back it up with Explorer, and get Home to see it, what next? I bought a 4GB SDHC card for it, but I'm a tad foggy on how to best use this storage. I know I can put MP3s, photos and maps on it, but can POIs and/or voices go on it? I find my self wondering if anyone has written an idiot's guide to the 730. I've pulled the text of several good threads here into a tips file I keep on my desktop, so that's a start, but I suspect I'll still be relying on the collective wisdom and experience found here. TIA!

poi files go directly in the North_America map folder. So, if that is on the sdhc card (it is on my 720), then the poi files go there too.

While in theory you can have some computer voices on the card and others in a Loquendo folder on internal, in practise it's best to keep all computer voices together in the Loquendo folder.

Having the map on the card will free up more space on internal for more voices.

You can have mp3s in a mp3 folder on the card AND more mp3's in a mp3 folder on internal.

Same with photos.

Basically, having the card allows for more flexibility.

Ask a Question