best tomtom

Discussion in 'Which TomTom Should I Buy?' started by michael young, Dec 24, 2014.

1. michael young

michael young

i am starting on taxi i live in northumberland and need a satnav that tells me streets and house numbers is any voice activated thank a lot

michael young, Dec 24, 2014
    1. Advertisements

2. michael young

dhn Moderator

TomTom Model(s):
    1535 LIVE; Via 1605; Go 50; Go 520
    Well, if it is your livelihood, perhaps one of the models of the 'simply the best' category in this link:
    http://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/drive/car/products/index.html

BUT a warning, when you put a destination in such as 123 Main Street and are arriving at the specific destination, the number '123' will NOT show, just a destination flag.

dhn, Dec 24, 2014
    1. Advertisements

3. michael young

canderson Moderator

TomTom Model(s):
    GO720 GO 740 GO1535 GO1605 VIA1535 GO 600
    The difference between the 500/600 and 5000/6000 units are how they obtain traffic data. The 500/600 use your phone as a 'tethered' device to get the traffic data from TomTom. The 5000/6000 units have their own internal cell modems for doing this. Which you choose would depend upon whether you can get a decent deal from your cellular carrier for tethered data use of your phone. The actual data used isn't all that much for traffic, and if I understand the area you'll be servicing correctly, it shouldn't be nearly as much as in a major city. Metro NuT/Gateshead area is about the biggest city you'd be working, correct?

canderson, Dec 24, 2014
  4. michael young

STAVRESCHI

I work like cab driver in London
    I need help
    Wright now I used an Garmin device nuvi 2598 lmt D with live traffic .
    Yesterday "beautiful" Garmin fail down :(
    Probably it is necessary to buy a new satnav and I need an advice. I wish the best satnav for a driver in London, with the best results for live traffic, 5inch, and cheap, cheap,.,. price

When I say best results for live traffic means I am totally unsatisfied what offer me my actual Garmin in the last year, maybe I find something better.
    Excuse for my English, it is not my mother language......

STAVRESCHI, Jun 24, 2015
  5. michael young

dhn Moderator

TomTom Model(s):
    1535 LIVE; Via 1605; Go 50; Go 520
    Here is a link to TomTom products. Only you candecide what is 'cheap, cheap'. After all, it is your livelihood, isn't it?

dhn, Jun 24, 2015
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question