3rd Ed locked on passward screen

Help! I did an update of the latest SW today and also put a password on the device for the first time. When I restarted I was not able to get back into the GPS. After I enter the 4th digit it freezes for 15 seconds then reboots. I'm in an endless loop. I've tried a soft reset with the button on the bottom.
I can still use the TomTom Home SW with the GPS. It works fine connected to the PC. I have done a restore to a previous backup. Since you can't delete or change the password using TomTom Home what is the solution?
Thanks for your help.
Dave

Help! I did an update of the latest SW today and also put a password on the device for the first time. When I restarted I was not able to get back into the GPS. After I enter the 4th digit it freezes for 15 seconds then reboots. I'm in an endless loop. I've tried a soft reset with the button on the bottom.
I can still use the TomTom Home SW with the GPS. It works fine connected to the PC. I have done a restore to a previous backup. Since you can't delete or change the password using TomTom Home what is the solution?
Thanks for your help.
Dave

Give a shot at the Clear Flash tool here:
http://www.tomtom.com/support/index.php?FID=6211&Lid=4

may help.

Thanks for your help.
Dave
If you operate the device through the HOME program, you can deactive the password, I think the menu item is "Set owner", it's a picture of a key sticking into a Tom Tom unit.

i fix

All you have to do is uninstall the application using the HOME software.
Then when that is finnished, update the tomtom using the HOME software.
NO more password.....

Ask a Question