2gig card and NorthAmerica?

TomTom Model(s)
VIA 1535TM
I have the "one" with internal 1gig memory.

is it possible to put the north american map on the 2gig card and just pop it in?

if so, what exactly do i copy to the SD card?

I tried this before by making an exact copy of whats on the internal and when i turned the unit on a screen came up showing me to take the card out.:(

N. America maps (v. 6.75) require a 2GB card. More...

I have the "one" with internal 1gig memory.

is it possible to put the north american map on the 2gig card and just pop it in?

if so, what exactly do i copy to the SD card?

I tried this before by making an exact copy of whats on the internal and when i turned the unit on a screen came up showing me to take the card out.:(

This "Sticky" thread should answer your question:
How to upgrade a ONE to a 2gb card for North America maps

The N. America map set is 1.4GB and works fine on the v. 2 TT1. Your version TT1 should work just fine with a 2GB card. As to why you got that message is a mystery. The way it has been explained here... As soon as you insert the card, the internal 1GB memory is switched off and the 2GB SD card is used...exclusively.

My guess is that the copy you thought you made on the SD card, really didn't take, and your TT1 didn't know what to do with it. Try formatting the card using FAT as the file system. Copy the TT1's on board files to the card and try again. If you're still getting the message, you may need to ring up TomTom. Good Luck!

I have a Go510. Once I right click on the SD card, Properties ... it's a fat32.
Since then I use all the subsequent cards as Fat32 (2G, now 4G 150x Transcend).
Some people said that must be FAT, strange.:confused:

Ask a Question