GO 510 now a GO 710 with 2gig card?

I am in the middle of upgrading my 510 to a 2 gig card. I followed Fanchee's directions. I made a full backup.

I put in the new 2 gig card and HOME automatically started d/ling the new OS and a lot of voices. I let it go and installed the OS for the TT.

Well, the problem is now it says I have a GO 710 instead of a GO 510. Is there anyway to fix this?

Also, I just took all my files from the backup and are moving them to the new card using Explorer. Hopefully that is ok to do. :\

Well, somehow I fixed it.

All I did was take my entire back up and move it from my HD to the E: drive (where my TT is) and that seemed to do it. Now I have 945MB free! woot!

Glad to hear it worked out.

That is usually the procedure I do when upgrade to a bigger SD card, just copy the contents of the original disk and transfer it to the new disk. Works for me.

If it displays you have a 710 instead of a 510, don't panic.
They are the same unit. The only differences are the maps. 710 is for Europe and 510 for NA.

Ask a Question