XL 330S vs XL 335SE

I have to decide between the 118$ XL 335SE or the 110$ XL 330S.

XL 330S ($118)
-car charger
-mount
-usb cable

XL 335SE ($110)
-car charger
-mount
-usb cable
-home charger
-case

What are the differences between the two and what do you think the better deal is? (Also, do they charge via the USB cable too?)

If you are looking at the 335, I would get the XL 335TM (traffic/maps) that "telemike" has. If it's too much (around $165 now), cut out either the traffic or maps. The XL 335SE sounds like a 335S with the wall charger and case (package) as you listed. The 335S sounds like a good deal if you don't want or can't swing the extra lifetime traffic and/or maps. From memory I don't think the XL 330S has lane guidance and/or IQ routes. I got the XXL 540TM, the same as the 335TM except with a 5" screen and maps of Mexico (a necessity, LOL).

what is telemike?

So your telling me that the 335SE and 330S are identical?

And with which devices am I able to subscribe to the TOMTOM LIVE service?

mapleleafs89 - "telemike" is another poster who loves his XL 335TM and has had no problems with it.
The 335SE sounds like a 335S with a case and wall charger (both accessories) included in the package.
The 330S is the same as the 335S EXCEPT I believe it does NOT have the lane guidance feature, which is a valuable one and one you would want especially for the minor difference in price. The 330S does not come with a case or wall charger included.

LIVE services are not available for any model in Canada at this time.......

oh dang. is there another gps that has traffic services in Canada or is it like that for all the GPS companies.

Oh and I mixed up the labeling at the top, they are flipped. 335SE is 118$ and 330S is 110$

The 330S is Tomtom's 2008 low-end model. The 335SE is Tomtom's 2010 low-end model. As entry-level devices both are missing key features. It's really up to you on which features matter more to you.

The 335SSE has a reduced feature EasyMenu - easier to learn for first-time purchasers, but lots of the customization capability has been removed. It does have IQroutes, which means it does a very good job avoiding predictable traffic and congestion.

The 330S has a mid-level menu, with Tomtom's classic heavily-customizable interface. However it doesn't have IQroutes (which means it doesn't know about congestion and gives less efficient directions). And it has lower internal memory, and therefore has significantly fewer points of interest stored in its database.

Ask a Question