When to use update guarantee?

Don't know whether this comes into consideration or not ....

There is some evidence that if downloads from TomTom, especially large ones like maps, are via a wireless router connection rather than a direct modem connection to the pc, that some of the download files can tend to get corrupted.

If others can confirm, go ahead, but I think this is the right size and sfv value for your cline.dat file for ID=North_America_2GB.pna 1769832779 v805 build=1801 id=166868 and indicate you have a bad download/installation.
The content of my North_America.pna file is
ID=North_America.pna
build=1801
id=166868

I notice your file has a different name; _2GB is appended. I presume the first numeral is a serial number but we have the same build and ID numbers.

There is some evidence that if downloads from TomTom, especially large ones like maps, are via a wireless router connection rather than a direct modem connection to the pc, that some of the download files can tend to get corrupted.
Good thought but not applicable in this case. Bell Canada DSL.

The content of my North_America.pna file is
ID=North_America.pna
build=1801
id=166868

I notice your file has a different name; _2GB is appended. I presume the first numeral is a serial number but we have the same build and ID numbers.

And your cline.dat file seems the wrong size... I'd download it again and check how the size of the files match up against the previous dl. It does not make sense I was able to see ALG data from the relatives' 930 with the same map version and build and yours would not be compatible with ALG. Sure one could say the NavCore could be the culprit but maps have way more files and larger ones than the system. If the TT system was the culprit, you'd most probably have other symptoms.

TT Support says it is the map.
I won't get around to it for some time but I will Move HOME off the I: drive onto C:, delete the NA map, disconnect the I: and then try to download the map again.
This way it shouldn't find any .pna files when HOME scans my computer.
I am sure it does as the printout showed that the 805.1801 was on "My computer" even though it was deleted. Also, the 800.1727 is in the initial system backup to my I: drive only.

I'll let you know when I get around to it.
Working on the railroad like in Les Cedre.

TT Support says it is the map.
I won't get around to it for some time but I will Move HOME off the I: drive onto C:, delete the NA map, disconnect the I: and then try to download the map again.
This way it shouldn't find any .pna files when HOME scans my computer.
I am sure it does as the printout showed that the 805.1801 was on "My computer" even though it was deleted. Also, the 800.1727 is in the initial system backup to my I: drive only.

I'll let you know when I get around to it.
Working on the railroad like in Les Cedre.

Have you tried the old map for ALG?

As to railroad and old locomotives, I went to the St-Constant railroad museum last year and found there was so much to see! Good for a full day visit if one wants to see everything there. Even those who are not into trains/railroads will find something of interest there. It was the main travelling and transportation means for over a 100 years. They even have a replica of the very first locomotive that ran in Canada.

Ask a Question