What happened to my Compass preferences?

I have a GO 720. I'm sure that the first time I used it, there were some settings for compass preferences but since updating the map, they've disappeared. How do I get these back please?
thanks,

not what I want

The compass I originally had showed a large letter N for North, as well as an arrow that pointed to my heading. This is what I would like to have back, but can't seem to find in my preferences.

That functionality is gone as of Navcore 8. Under Preferences-->Status Bar, Show direction, gets some of N7's compass utility back.

Ok, thanks. Can't imagine why TomTom would want to remove that functionality tho.

The only other thing that bugs me about this device is that every time you update your maps, all your favourites disappear. Hopefully there will be a fix for that. Must drive a lot of people crazy.

You can copy a backed up mapsettings.cfg file from an old map to the new map folder using Explorer. That often retrieves the favourites.

Or, you can do as many do and forget about favourites completely. Instead, convert them to a custom .ov2 file.

See here

Ask a Question