Funny thing happened on the way to the .....

TomTom Model(s)
VIA 1605tm
map upgrade. Go a notice that TT had released a map update, so I plugged in my XXL540 & it wouldn't see it. Only choice was to purchase the new map. I checked my account & it showed the purchase 4 Jun 2010. (1 year map updates)
Called support & was told that that had been deleted from my account . She had me copy & paste the details of the order (from my account info on the TT web site) & email it to her. She re-enabled the feature on my account & I am currently dnloading the new map. Support has no idea why that happened! I am glad that my account showed the purchase, 'cause I don't think that I had a copy of the transaction.
Cheers,
kev

Good news.

How were you trying to get the updated map? By using Update my Unit or Add maps?

Good news.

How were you trying to get the updated map? By using Update my Unit or Add maps?

Update my unit via "auto update". The new map is installed, but now it says that my map hasn't been updated in more than 20 weeks. Then, "Unfortunately map share map corrections are temporarily not available." I guess TT is having server problems.

Yeah, a bug in Home.

You might try this.........

When it's connected to Home, in Home's preference for mapshare, move the slider to the right (most liberal) and do an Update again. See if some change is provided for mapshares after doing that.

Then, move the slider back to whatever setting you originally had.

Thanks, I read in some other posts that this sometimes happens after a map update, so I will wait a few days & see if it catches up.
Thanks,
kev

Ask a Question