[XL-S] Funny touch screen question.

hmj

Out of the box, i noticed that the bottom right of the touch screen would double click nearly everytime i touched it. This made for difficult navigating trhough menus. Also, the the "done" button was hard to make click, and when it did click, it would click twice in a row...taking you places you did not want to go. After connecting the TT to my computer and installing the updates recommended, the touch screen was magically cured. I was very happy. It worked perfectly. Today, ~7 days later, i accidently ran the batteries to nothing and when i plugged it in and fired it up, the touch screen was messed up in exactly the same way as before (double clicking in the bottom right). Has anyone heard of anything like this????

I have tried doing a paperclip reset...to no avail. Any ideas????

strange, first time I hear of this.
Try running the flash tool.
the linke to the flash tool is in my signature.

strange, first time I hear of this.
Try running the flash tool.
the linke to the flash tool is in my signature.

Thanks for the tip....it did not work :(

It has got to be software/boot related. After I updated on the first day the screen was fine. Today, after a dead battery the reboot made it messed up again. Is there a way to erase everything in memory and reinstall 7.162 from scratch? I have already tried a simple restore from a backup. Arg...its annoying that the most often used buttons on the bottom right are messed up!

*edit* now that I think about it...it could just be a coincidence that the screen got better then messed up again close to updates/reboots. It could be that the screen itself is messed up and worked for a while but then went back to messed up. THis seems less likely though.

Last edited:

Ask a Question