Funny thing -- fellow Torontonians

dhn

TomTom Model(s)
Go 50; Go 520
(sorry, this won't mean much to other members)

Anyway, planned a route from Thornhill in the east end of TO to a location in Mississauga in the west end. For the heck of it, clicked on the route as demo and noticed the planned route took the 401 (I would have chosen the 407 for part) but the funny thing is that the screen showed a speed of 122 the whole way on the 401 (for others, the **actual** speed is 100 but nobody outside of rush hour drives that slowly).

I personally set the cruise at 120 whenever I can on the 400 series of highways as do many others.

Could it be that TomTom actually analyzes your driving habits and takes that into account for trip planning? Scary!:eek:

When you choose to do a demo, you select the speed (as a per cent) that the demo will be displayed at. No ESP going on here!:)

When you choose to do a demo, you select the speed (as a per cent) that the demo will be displayed at. No ESP going on here!:)

Well, since I had the demo running at 400%, as I remember, then I guess the kph TomTom figures for the 401 would be about 30. Guess it knows about rush hour after all <g>.

Thanks.

dhn your first guess is right ,as well as Garmin units , they "learn ?nd memorize" the speed that you usually drive at and then use it later for the ETA's and when simulating routes. To test that all you have to do is a master reset (you will loose your favorites so do a backup first) and then you will see the unit starts using the maximum speed limits or the average again instead of your driving habits.

Ask a Question