What Happened to my Lifetime Map Update Service?

TomTom Model(s)
Go 740
"Welcome to TomTom Lifetime Map Update Service.
Congratulations! Roads change but with Lifetime Map Updates your map will always be up-to-date..."

But TomTomHome is asking me to pay $72 for a year of map updates. So what gives?

Thanks!

Did you ever register for your lifetime map updates?

Call CS:

United States
866 486 6866
Monday - Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. EST
Saturday: 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. EST

"Welcome to TomTom Lifetime Map Update Service.
Congratulations! Roads change but with Lifetime Map Updates your map will always be up-to-date..."

But TomTomHome is asking me to pay $72 for a year of map updates. So what gives?

Thanks!
Is this in an e-mail message that you received? If so, it is almost certainly a case of the marketing department not talking to the rest of the company. They appear to send this sales pitch to EVERYONE, regardless of whether or not you already have Lifetime Maps.

I have Lifetime Maps and I regularly receive these e-mails. I ignore the e-mails and happily update my maps via the Lifetime Map guarantee with no problems. (Of course, if you did not register for lifetime maps when you bought your unit, that is a different matter. There was a card in the box with a registration number on it that you needed to use to sign up for the lifetime maps.)

- Tom -

No, it's not an e-mail, it's within the app. The problem, I think, is that I haven't used this GPS for a long time and, even though I registered and I used to get free map updates, the TomTom system seems to have forgotten that (though my log-in is still recognized). A phone call is in order, I guess.

Thanks to all who replied.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ask a Question