Weather in Plus Services

TomTom Model(s)
Rider 2
Thinking about getting a BT phone so I could use the Weather service available.

My question is:

How much time from your phone does recieving weather updates require?

If one used it a couple of times a day (during my long motorcycle tours) would it end up draining my phone acct on a regular basis?

I suspect that the phones listed on the TT site are not entirely up to date, and that I should probably take my Rider with me when I decide to buy a BT phone.

Cheers

Last edited:
Mine takes about 20-30 seconds. About 20 seconds before the weather shows up on the screen and about another 5-10 seconds for the data connection to let go. My phone showed 29 seconds one time and 20 seconds the next time.

there is not much info in the free weather service....just high/low temp....wind speed/direction....chance of rain.

no radar/graphics or anything like that.

it does give the weather for a five day week.

and no need to check the weather a couple times a day....because the info is not updated during the 24 hour day.

your use will be guage in bytes transferred ( internet data used ) not cell minuites )....as for the amount of bytes....it wouldn't be much since there is no graphics.... no pictures.

really you would be better off picking a TV channels website....and using there " mobile link " to view weather and news on your cell phone.

then you could get moving radar and other real time info.

Ask a Question