What is the Live Weather service supposed to do?

I bought a Tomtom Go Live 2535M and I'm wondering what exactly the Live Weather service is supposed to do. It does not give me current weather conditions, only a 5 day forecast. And to make it worse, the 5 day forecast is from 5 days ago. It is currently 8:00 pm on Tuesday and I see the the weather forecast for Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday. This is something they charge money for when the 1 free year is up?

Well spotted!
I'm seeing the same in the UK.
The voice says "Weather report for today" but then reads out what is on-screen for the first day shown, which was last Saturday
The screen is showing Saturday to Wednesday

Seems to be stuck on a Friday through Tuesday schedule in N.A. at the moment. It's a whole day since the OP posted, and we're still looking at the same days.

@Andy & dhn: applies to both production Nav2 and Nav3 devices and to the other server as well. Guess you'd call it pandemic?

Must have. Both of my Live units were behaving well enough day before yesterday re: weather. My only gripe then was (and is) that they always show a 1mph difference in the projected wind speed <g>.

Don't round my speeds, man!

Weather server seems to be back on a non-time-warped Gregorian calendar with the rest of us now. Shows Thursday as today.

However, the forecast that I'm seeing doesn't look very realistic on a couple of the days. Probably picking up NWS weather which never seems to match local conditions.

TomTom:

FRI 20/50F
SAT 22/57
SUN 25/39
MON 18/42

2 Local Stations:

FRI 16/40 16/40
SAT 21/51 19/48
SUN 23/52 23/52
MON 15/38 22/39

@dhn! Don't lose track of which forum we're in!

As for location issues ... My 740 Live wouldn't have that bug (Navcore 9). As for Nav3 units like the OP's 2535, yes, I believe that bug still exists across all builds. The problem was found, but no idea exactly when they'll release a version with that specific fix. I doubt it will bother most users.

Ask a Question