Traffic and/or weather in Canada?

TomTom Model(s)
Sony XNV-660BT
Hi,

I own a SONY XNV-660BT which is a TomTom navigational system built into my dash.
I asked around and someone said traffic updates are not available for Canada.

I live near Toronto is this true? If there are updates, how would I go about getting them?

Thanks! :thumb:

Well, I can tell you this .......

There IS rds-tmc traffic available using the fm signal for tomtom pnd's that have the proper combo antenna/car charger. See here for coverage:
http://totaltraffic.com/CoverageAre...arketUid=0cf664d0-a244-4546-87ed-8fe1ffd48039

But, having a built in system would preclude that option, I suspect.

AND

There is LIVE Traffic available for the Go LIVE 1535 tomtom model which has an imbedded sim card that connects to the Rogers network. But that is a subscription series.

And according to the specs for your device here , indeed TomTom provides the application and mapping but I don't see the availability of any traffic options to be added to it.

The sony xnv is not compatible with realtime traffic/weather in north america.

The European version is different hardware, with a built-in modem, that does support these features.

That's too bad.
Do either of you known about Phantom Alert or Trapster?
Are there any reliable 3rd party files that are trustworthy for real-time speed camera and speed trap updates?

Thanks.

grcboy has now started a new topic about 'Phantom Alert' and 'Trapster'.

Replies about those here, please.

Ask a Question