Traffic and Weather with Plus Services

Having traveled 900 miles this past weekend and using my TomTom, I discovered a few things that irk me.

The Plus Services offers weather. The problem is it doesn't tell you the actual temperature. All it tells you is the high and low for the day. I found this pretty much useless.

The traffic report was reporting road construction where there was none. It reported traffic congestion where traffic was actually light and flowing at 70mph. I am questioning what good the PLUS service is?

Am I missing something?

About a year ago I was using the PLus traffic and it was really acurate. Then I bought a new phone and didn't use it for a year. Recently I turned it back on and while I have no technical problems (tomtom connects fine via bluetooth to phone and internet) but I find that Plus Traffic is not worthless here in Seattle. It does't pick up construction like it did before and very very few slowdowns.

Any of your TomTom Haxors have any poop on why this is?

I think I might have gotten the wrong one!

I have a question that maybe someone can answer. I just bought my One XL, wanted to subscribe to traffic in weather, living in Houston, Tx for my job as a courier. Now it's telling me traffic and weather are not available in the US? Why didn't it tell me that on the OUTSIDE before I got it? Is this service going to be available in the US? My other question is why do I have 2 product codes for ONE product? The card on the inside did not match either the outside code or the code on the bottom. Which is right?

Last edited:
They are available for the US.
Where do you see the message occur?
After paring your phone via Bluetooth, go to your preference menu.
I believe it is on page 7. Select the option 'Edit tomtom plus account'
Enter the user name and password.
Also, make sure on that same preference menu, make sure your wireless data option is active and not inactive.

My mine came with only 1 product code that was printed on a plastic card.

When you say code on the bottom are you talking about the underneath the bar code? I believe your looking at the serial number.

Having traveled 900 miles this past weekend and using my TomTom, I discovered a few things that irk me.

The Plus Services offers weather. The problem is it doesn't tell you the actual temperature. All it tells you is the high and low for the day. I found this pretty much useless.

The traffic report was reporting road construction where there was none. It reported traffic congestion where traffic was actually light and flowing at 70mph. I am questioning what good the PLUS service is?

Am I missing something?

The US traffic service is still in beta. Currently my honest opinion is that it's not actually working at all, but when it's working it's pretty good.

Ask a Question