Pairing moto Q9C with 920 for traffic/weather

Hi everyone, another newbie that just got is Go 920 yesterday and here to pester you with questions.

I tell the 920 to link up with my phone and I select my country (Canada) Then it asks which service provider and I have to select "Other" (Telus is not an option).

At this point it asks if I want to set up the wireless connection manually. If I say no, it sends me back to my service provider selection screen. If I select yes, it asks for the Access point name. Is this the name of the service provider? I don't know what this is for.

I assume that it is for the service provider name. I put in "telus" and provide my account name and password afterwards.

The 920 then asks if I want to obtain my IP address manually or automatic. I don't know my IP for my phone (nor do I know how to find it!) so I say automatic.

It then asks the same question for DNS server address and I select automatic again since I have no idea how to get that info either.

Now it tells me to dial the number *99# so I select ok. it then asks for a loginscript which i leave blank.

After all this the 920 goes back to the connection prcess screen usually showing about 60-65% completion and tells me I am unable to make the data connection.

I am lost as to what I am doing wrong or where to get the required information for the tomtom.

Sorry for the long post, but I figured if I explained the entire process someone might see something I'm doing wrong to help fix the problem or maybe tell me how I could find out some of the info that I had to leave blank during the set-up process.

Thanks in advance!

glad to see I'm not the only one with this problem, but it's sucks that I can't find a solution. When I get the chance I guess I'll just see fi my service provider can help.

If I select yes, it asks for the Access point name. Is this the name of the service provider? I don't know what this is for.

I assume that it is for the service provider name. I put in "telus" and provide my account name and password afterwards.

I did a little bit of research. Try the following:

Access Point Name (apn): internet.com
Account name: [blank]
Password: [blank]

Let us know if that works!

Now it tells me to dial the number *99# so I select ok. it then asks for a loginscript which i leave blank.
Along with the suggestions above (from daveschz), try #777 as the number to dial, if the *99# dosent work. Usually the number to dial for a CDMA phone would be #777.

Ask a Question