Motorola Razr V3a Pairing?

It will probably depend on the carrier you use (I am assuming Riders have bluetooth connection capabilities) . I installed a V3 Razor which was not on the list for T-Mobile, and had to use some manual settings. Ditto for a non-listed Nokia, a Blackberry Pearl 8120, and a HTC touch diamond.

The carriers that seem to be the easiest to set up are AT&T and TMo. Search the forum for other devices and the manual settings, but by all means, try to pair it.

Make sure the V3's bluetooth settings are set to be discoverable first. Then on the Rider, have it search for it.

If it finds it and pairs with it for hands free, it will then either tell you it is not set up for data services (doubtful, as most Motorola's are...), or it will offer to set up the data services.

Then, you would select the closest device on the setup to yours, and give it a try. Again, it will largely depend on which carrier you have.

Good info there GAW.

I dont currently have a BT phone, but when I do decide to upgrade I will take my Rider2 with me and hopefully see if they will try pairing it on the spot.

I really only need a phone that "phones". I dont need camera's, jukeboxes, games or convection wave ovens in my phone.

As an FYI GAW, the Rider2 is BT and comes with a helmet mounted BT reciever with helmet speaker and mic boon in order to use your BT phone.

Cheers!

Thanks rcacs.

My main use for the TomTom's is automotive, but I have mounted 910'a and 920s on my bike. The former was a life saver in Austria at night in very unfamiliar territory.

I think only the hardest core bikers go with the Riders

If you are on a cell carrier that uses sim chips, you will probably be able to easily find a cheap phone only device to pair.

Cheers back at you.

PS - still on the bikes out here in usually sunny California. TomTom gets to go when it behaves itself...

I went and bought a phone today. My wifes cheapy LG battery was toast so I went down to our local phone store and picked up a Samsung M300 phone. I took my Rider2 with me and it paired up right away.

Cheers,

ps: I might be considered hard core, but I do prefer to be called a motorcyclist rather than a biker..... ;)

I went and bought a phone today. My wifes cheapy LG battery was toast so I went down to our local phone store and picked up a Samsung M300 phone. I took my Rider2 with me and it paired up right away.

Cheers,

ps: I might be considered hard core, but I do prefer to be called a motorcyclist rather than a biker..... ;)

Makes sense - don't think "bikes" as often pictured would touch a GPs, where a motorcyclist would - especially at night in the rain in Austria.

PS again - my favorite moment as a "biker' was at the California Veteran's Home, when an 80 something WW II veteran came out of the cafe on his walker (it also sell beer and wine) to tell his buddies that some "bikers" were leaving money at the resister to buy beers for the vets.

Upon hearing that, some fellow "bikers" and myself (who had left the money to begin with) went back in to leave more - as you should have seen those guys racing back inside...

Cheers

Follow-up for Motorola Razr V3a and Plantronics Voyager 855

Just wanted to update this post to say that my Motorola Razr V3a paired and works perfectly with my Rider 2. Also, I purchased a Plantronics Voyager 855 stereo bluetooth headset which also paired and works great with my Rider 2. The phone and the headset both pair and work with the Rider 2 simultaneously. The 855 is great because it has earbuds for BOTH ears and helps to muffle the road noise. Plus the Plantronics noise reduction system technology seems to be helping..

Last edited:
AT&T Mototola Phone Manual settings

I have AT&T with a Motorola Z9 phone. I can connect phone but not data. This phone is not listed but it sounds like some have connected their phones with manual settings. What manual settings has anyone used with a Motorola phone using AT&T? I'm pulling my hair out!!!

I bought a Blackberry 8230 Pearl flip phone and had no problem pairing it to my R2. I have made some calls from my R2 connected to my Cardo Q2 and that works fine.

However, in order to get set up for Data, I have to do a manual set-up but have no idea what to enter for information. I contacted my wireless provider (Virgin Mobile, Canada) and they didnt have a clue.

Anyone?

Cheers

For wireless data check 2 things first:

1) view "show contents of my device". Make sure "Phone connection settings", version 15 is loaded. If not loaded, go to "add traffic, voices" -> "Items on my computer" and add in the phone connection settings.

2) when the Tomtom completes pairing to the phone and lists the available features, is "wireless data" listed as one of them. This is a requirement before proceeding further. If this doesn't work, try googling your phone model to see if Bluetooth DUN can be added/enabled on it.

If you still need manual settings (eg your carrier is not on the Tomtom list), check out this thread for settings, or call your phone carrier for assistance.

I do have the version 15 for the phone connections, it does have DUN, I have looked over all of those posts and I have contacted my phone provider. All of no help.

O well.

Cheers

Ask a Question