One 3rd edition Traffic Cam + Weather Failure

TomTom Model(s)
one 3rd edition
I got my TomTom one 3rd edition at a garage sale for a bargain. Updated it as much as i could. App 8.010 os: 1000 gps: v1.21 boot 1.0012 map: USA_and_Canada v710.1575
I did a full reset after the updates used it for a week then purchased the traffic receiver new on ebay, When I try to install the traffic cam app I get the fallowing error
ERROR: -500/#http://home.tomtom.com/download/Saf...&id=359&file=Safety_Cam_US_Canada_TomTom.ov2: Error from server: Internal Server Error
Internal Server Error
Error code: HTTP 500
URL: http://home.tomtom.com/download/Saf...e&id=359&file=Safety_Cam_US_Canada_TomTom.ov2
Additional information: info = [object]
info.method = [string] GET
info.resumeOffset = [number] 0
info.resumeDownloadEnabled = [boolean] false
info.entityID = [string]
info.file = [string] C:\Users\moogle\Documents\TomTom\HOME\Download\complete\safetycamera\Safety_Cameras_-_USA__CAN_-_Free_of_Charge-1\Safety_Cam_US_Canada_TomTom.cab
info.metaFile = [string] C:\Users\moogle\Documents\TomTom\HOME\Download\temp\ec04d4342365a885fa13c2ad1610fddc.tmp.meta
info.tempFile = [string] C:\Users\moogle\Documents\TomTom\HOME\Download\temp\ec04d4342365a885fa13c2ad1610fddc.tmp

I saw a thread about this error and tried the free .zip download and reboot to try and fix this. My tomtom still says the app isn't installed and I should install it with tomtom home. when I click the weather button nothing happens. I noticed that in the lower left corner it says my username is Anonymous... When I press the My Services button nothing happens...
If I try the remote operate with the tomtom connected and click the weather or traffic cams I'm told to attach the traffic receiver when it is already attached.

I'm on vacation in North Carolina with my laptop. I was hoping I could get this working before the 12 hour drive home to New York.

Your map is five years old and the model does not display weather. I'm not clear what you are referring to or what you mean when you say 'if I try the remote'.....

And what free .zip file are you referring to?

We need more information.

Your map is five years old and the model does not display weather. I'm not clear what you are referring to or what you mean when you say 'if I try the remote'.....

And what free .zip file are you referring to?

We need more information.

Woah 5 years? Would it be worth it to buy the update? What about using a free open source map?
If my tomtom does not display the weather then why does it have the weather button on the tomtom services screen?

By the remote, I mean how you can control the tomtom from home while it is connected to usb.

The zip file I'm referring to can be found in this thread https://www.tomtomforums.com/t27158-safety-camera-update-fails-error-500-can-you-advise.html

There are no open source (legitimate) maps for TomTom units.

The buttons may be there but are not active on non-Live devices.

You may wish to bite the bullet and get a new model with LIVE services functionality and current maps.

Ask a Question