TomTom Plus Weather shows wrong date

Is anyone using TomTom Weather? It seems to be displaying the wrong day's weather. It's displaying "tommorrow's" weather. I'm assuming this is likely due to the fact that thye server is located in Europe and I'm in Seattle. It looks like TomTom needs to make their Plus service better location-aware.

I've used it to see if it works.... Used it the week after Christmas to drive from NH to Niagarafalls and back. TO be honest though I don't think I paid attention to the days. What I saw was a list of 5 days on my screen and i click on 'Today' to get the deatils...

Yep... I just verified it. Top of the list it today and goes to Saturday.

Do you have the right time and date set on your device?

Where's TomTom getting their weather anyway?

battom, how do you see the current conditions? I thought it only gave the 5 day forecast.

Yep... I just verified it. Top of the list it today and goes to Saturday.

Do you have the right time and date set on your device?

Top of my list is showing Wednesday and it goes to Sunday. I have the time correct. I'm not sure about the date. Where do you go to set the date? And on that note, shouldn't this be smart enough to know the local time and date based on GPS location? ;)

If you have a TomTom account, and you have entered the login details on your device, you get the 5-day forecast. If you have not entered any login details, you only get the forecast for today.

The first day in the 5-day forecast is today. The date is shown.

There is nowhere to set the date, this info comes from the GPS signals.

The date shown also depends on the location. If I ask for a current weather forecast in Japan, I get tomorrows weather. Because today here, is tomorrow there (I am in the EU).

Khuon, are you asking for the weather for your current location? The weather is based on the GPS coordinate you specify. You can't get much more location aware than a GPS receiver.

Khuon, are you asking for the weather for your current location? The weather is based on the GPS coordinate you specify. You can't get much more location aware than a GPS receiver.

I'm asking for weather for locations that are local to me (same timezone)... either for the current GPS position, home or other places in the region. I know that the weather server should realise and compensate for localtime based on the GPS location for which I'm querying the weather but it doesn't seem to be doing that for me. I have confirmed that the weather retrieval seems to be based on UTC.

The following are two attempts to grab weather for my Home location while at home:

If I grab weather before 1600PST then I get a forecast starting with "today".

DSCN0126.sized.jpg

But if I grab the weather after 1600PST, I get the forecast starting "tommorrow".

DSCN0132.sized.jpg

Hhmmmmm he's on to something here.
It's Saturday Jan 13 and I'm GMT -0500 Just after 4:30 I took this.

weather_wrongdate.jpg

I have wrong date in tomtom weather too.

today is 5-24-2007, but on my tomtom, it says 5-25-2007.

how do i get it to show the correct date?

I've noticed that too.

Although, when I connect to HOME and use the weather there, it shows the correct day.

I'm not sure if my new 720 is just getting caught up on downloads or if there was a new release tonight, but it downloaded an update tonight that fixed the wrong time displaying on my HOME 2. I won't be able to tell till tomorrow if the correct weather day displays on the TT.

Woody

Ask a Question