Voice Recognition on 720 - Discussion

I just updated my 720 to the latest map which is the 7.15 but my firmware version is 7.480 now. Is it correct the voice recognition wont work with this firmware version ?

If not, is there a way to change my firmware back to 7.221 that is needed?

Any suggestions & comments.

Thank You

Is there still a support_asr.dat file in the asr folder?

Is there still a support_asr.dat file in the asr folder?

Yes, there is still support_asr.dat file in the asr folder that I put there to see if it would work. Don't know if I should mentioned in my earlier post but, I upgraded from map 7.05 to 7.15. So I never had the recongition on this 720.

It doesnt even show the voice recongition buttons on the unit with the support file in the asr ?

Thanks for the reply.

Voice Recognition

hello all : i have a 720 and i'm trying to get the Voice Recognition to work
i have done all the steps and when i go to navigate and than address i don't the 2 Voice Recognition options. i just got the 720 today and i don't no much about it.

hello all : i have a 720 and i'm trying to get the Voice Recognition to work
i have done all the steps and when i go to navigate and than address i don't the 2 Voice Recognition options. i just got the 720 today and i don't no much about it.

What map do you have? What firmware?

Voice recognition say sound level is too low

Any suggestions on why I am getting a sound level low on my 720 when I try to use the voice recognition? I have all the files that were recomended on this forum?

Any suggestions on why I am getting a sound level low on my 720 when I try to use the voice recognition? I have all the files that were recomended on this forum?

How far away from the unit are you when trying to speak the information? (keep it within 3 or 4 inches). Are you perhaps blocking the microphone opening when you speak? (the hole on the left above the screen).

How far away from the unit are you when trying to speak the information? (keep it within 3 or 4 inches). Are you perhaps blocking the microphone opening when you speak? (the hole on the left above the screen).

I am about 20 inches from the unit. I have tried undocking it and screaming at the top of my lungs and is still says "listening" and low sound level! The only thing I can think of is that the microphone is bad. Unit is a 720 and I just purchased it last week. It has latest firmware and the new 715 map.

For those who don't see the voice recog options, then the support_asr file is incorrect. Use the file I provided in the first link and place it in the correct folder.

If you are getting a low sound level, try a pin reset or run the flash tool. The link to the flash tool is in my signature.

For those who don't see the voice recog options, then the support_asr file is incorrect. Use the file I provided in the first link and place it in the correct folder.

If you are getting a low sound level, try a pin reset or run the flash tool. The link to the flash tool is in my signature.

Thanks Pedro2NR!!!!! The reset did the trick!

it work and now it doesn't

ok don't understand this i updated my na map to 715 i put the 2 files in the asr folder and it work fine 2 days later it doesn't work. i have the 2 Spoken icon but when u tap the spoken address tap and u go to the next screen where u say what state,city,street up in the top right of the tom tom it is grayed out

ok don't understand this i updated my na map to 715 i put the 2 files in the asr folder and it work fine 2 days later it doesn't work. i have the 2 Spoken icon but when u tap the spoken address tap and u go to the next screen where u say what state,city,street up in the top right of the tom tom it is grayed out

What **two** files are you referring to? The support_asr.dat file was the only file needed to be placed in the folder.

Also, you haven't by chance upgraded to the 7.48 firmware, have you? That upgrade killed VR.

Ask a Question