Go 720 Voice Recognition????

I have a go 720 and do not have voice recognition. Is this new or did TomTom
accidentally realease a wrong update.

Any help appreciated.

Thank you for you help. I copied the file and now have the icons for speech recognition. When I speak it does not seem to recognize any input at all. The little microphone in the corner remains yellow and never changes. Have tried to find any electronic switch that might control inpot volume but have found none.

Thanks,
Jerry

Well if you bought the unit in the US/Canada then the 720 isn't suppose to come with voice recognition. The units sold in Europe have that feature.

However, there is a little mod you can do to get it working. Check this thread - https://www.tomtomforums.com/showthread.php?t=4741

Thanks for the tip. Got the file made and copied and now have the icons but the gps does not recognize the voice commands. Seems like it does not hear at all. The yellow background for the mic. never changes to green or red....stays solid yellow all the time. Thanks

Many thanks too all of you guys for the help.
Got it working and it is great.
I had to reset the unit in order for the mic. to start working.

Greatly appreciate the help and hope I can help others next time.

The feature works great!! It is so odd thought that the hardware is fully capable of working in the US model but they have chosen to disable the feature. I wonder if it is a patent issue. I hope that they don't do an update to remove the feature again from us as it is quite handy while driving.

I have noticed that everytime I allow my battery to die, the VOICE INPUT will stop working, and stay yellow while I speak, until I clear the flash....

i need help, i installed the asr file as i was told to do and i see the 2 new speech buttons. however when i click on them, its the regular input screen and voice doesnt work. furthermore, i added "navigate address dialog" (or wtvr it is) to the quick button and it says that speech recognition files are not installed. please help!!!!!!

i need help, i installed the asr file as i was told to do and i see the 2 new speech buttons. however when i click on them, its the regular input screen and voice doesnt work. furthermore, i added "navigate address dialog" (or wtvr it is) to the quick button and it says that speech recognition files are not installed. please help!!!!!!

Which version of the map are you using?
Is it the North America or USA & Canada map?
Which version of the fireware are you using?

--Phil

im using the north america maps (for some reason my tomtom also came with the GUAM maps..) it says App 7.221
North America _2gb 705.1481

was there a later map?

does it matter if the ASR File goes in before the map update? its currently updating and ill let u all know how it goes.

awesome! so because of your idea to update the map i got voice recognition to work when i push "navigate to". was there supposed to be an icon on my map screen?
anyways, its kinda annoying that tomtom home does not show the latest map update until i clicked the 30 day thing. anyways, the voice recognition works for entering destination info. is it supposed to work to make phone calls? thanks so much for getting it to work for me! anything else i should know?

voice recognition

Followed the instructions for voice recognition it works great.
This is the best forum I have learned lots from it

Thanks Again for the help

Hey everyone I have tried everything I know to get my voice recognition to work I am using 7.221, the icons in navigate to show up fine, but when i click through the lips show up in the bottom right as grey.
Only on occasion does it ask for spoken dialog on house numbers but that is after i type the city and street, and this is only sometimes. So overall it really just doesnt work, do i need to revert to older maps? Cause I dont think i want old maps?

DavidRay78

What map version and set are you using. From what I have been reading so far is you need the US North America version 7.1 (710.xxx) map set in order for this to work properly.

I have not spent too much time on a fix for this, but the only thing that seems to work for me is when I downloaded the new map onto a 2g card, and use it from the card instead of internal memory. ???

Ask a Question