TomTom Go 720 new firmware 7.221

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom Go 720
Hi guys,

Just updated to firmware 7.221 like... a min ago. Dont know what it fixed yet but we will find out :rolleyes:

The Skealo wonders where you got it? Skealo's Tomtom home says nothing is available and I'm runnin 7.220... Skealo's really excited to get voice input.... Will that mean we can enter the address by speaking?

Thanks
The Skealo

Is that right? They included voice input on the 720?

hmmm, maybe it has something to do with a file called

support_asr.dat

it appears to be a text file renamed to that, the only contents as viewed in notepad is the number 1?

In any case, voice input is working on my 720.

Interesting, well that is certainly an upgrade for the North American units.

also more interesting is that my streets near my home are actually easier to locate with the voice input..... in Palmdale, you have streets like

ave r-10
avenue r4
e avenue r-5

there is no logical way those streets are listed, and youve got a-z basically in east and west, with subsections of each "ie: R, then R1-R12"

confusing when you try type it, but with speech its right on the number.

can someone tell me where I can find the speech input?? Or how to activate it? Thank you.

My apologies...

I may have mis-spoke..... It *IS* working on my tomtom 720, however not via the newest update....a third party file in which I have in my tomtom, it is a basic text file with only the number 1 in it..... I will speak with pedro to see if I can give instructions in here.

I may have mis-spoke..... It *IS* working on my tomtom 720, however not via the newest update....a third party file in which I have in my tomtom, it is a basic text file with only the number 1 in it..... I will speak with pedro to see if I can give instructions in here.

Thank you, now I feel better but I do love to have that feature too... I will wait for your instructions. :cool:

You need to create a text file support_asr.dat and just put 1 in the file. Then copy it to the ASR directory on your TomTom internal drive. It will enable the icon to allow you to input address. However, you may need to have the North_America map v7.10 to be able to input City and street though voice. I can only input street number before I upgraded to v7.10.

You need to create a text file support_asr.dat and just put 1 in the file. Then copy it to the ASR directory on your TomTom internal drive. It will enable the icon to allow you to input address. However, you may need to have the North_America map v7.10 to be able to input City and street though voice. I can only input street number before I upgraded to v7.10.

you are right on the number.... I am not sure if the info is welcomed in open forums here...but you beat me to the instructions before I could obtain permission.

make sure you go to the "use latest map" in the FILE menu on the Home 2.1....

Works for me! :D

you are right on the number.... I am not sure if the info is welcomed in open forums here...but you beat me to the instructions before I could obtain permission.

make sure you go to the "use latest map" in the FILE menu on the Home 2.1....

As much as TT has jacked us all around, this should be open information.

Ask a Question