Voice Recognition hack on NA Map version 720.1803

Hi,

I just downloaded the latest North American Map version 720.1803 from tomtom. I tried using the Voice Recognition hack but I don't hear any voice.

I applied firmware version 7.221 to display and activate the VR menus but when I press the button I don't hear any voice. I guess this will only work with the 710 maps huh? My unit came with the 705 maps so I cannot get the 710 maps. Any ideas????

thanks

Hi,

I just downloaded the latest North American Map version 720.1803 from tomtom. I tried using the Voice Recognition hack but I don't hear any voice.

I applied firmware version 7.221 to display and activate the VR menus but when I press the button I don't hear any voice. I guess this will only work with the 710 maps huh? My unit came with the 705 maps so I cannot get the 710 maps. Any ideas????

thanks

The VR is for YOU to be speaking the name of the state/province, city, street and number. Make sure you have selected a computer voice for your unit. Once that is done, when you navigate to-->address-->spoken address (dialogue) ... is that last icon enabled? It should be.

thanks for the response - are you referring to the icon in the upper right hand of the screen (half circle with the voice icon in the center)? If so, this icon is not enabled.

In addition, I have selected a computer voice.

thanks.

In your NA 720 map folder, do you see a bunch of cspeechxxx.dat files? (There should be). Also, did you put the support_asr.dat file with the 1 in it in your asr folder? Is this file REALLY named support_asr.dat (Windows set to show extensions for known file types) or is showing as support_asr_dat.txt which would be incorrect.

yes, I see the speech files in the map folder and I have the support_asr.dat. I just copied the 7.221 firmware files over to the root directory which included the support_asr.dat file.

Ask a Question