Trouble with Voice Recognition on Via 1505

TomTom Model(s)
VIA 1505
I just got my VIA 1505 and am not 'device literate'. In the manual it says to go to page 23 for voice recognition info and there isn't a thing about how to do it. Also, my home is not in the data base even though I have lived and received mail here for over 10 years. Frustrating.

No I have not. I have no idea how to do this as there is no info in the manual.

On the unit, Preferences-->Voice Preferences-->Select (or 'choose') voice-->select one that says it reads street names (I don't think that model will show it as a 'computer' voice).

The VIA1505 does not support Voice Recognition (sometimes called Voice Command).
The 1530/1535 unit does support it. The manual is a generic VIA User Guide.

On the unit, Preferences-->Voice Preferences-->Select (or 'choose') voice-->select one that says it reads street names (I don't think that model will show it as a 'computer' voice).
I think that there is a misunderstanding here. As I read the original question, he/she is asking about voice recognition (accepting voice commands from the user). The voices you are describing are the TTS (text-to-speech) voices that the GPS uses to "speak" the directions if that option is selected.

With best wishes,
- Tom -

I think that there is a misunderstanding here. As I read the original question, he/she is asking about voice recognition (accepting voice commands from the user). The voices you are describing are the TTS (text-to-speech) voices that the GPS uses to "speak" the directions if that option is selected.

With best wishes,
- Tom -

Yes, but for Voice Recognition to work, you DO need to select one of the TTS voices, so dhn was correct about that.
The only issue is that it seems that model doesn't support Speech Recognition at all.:(

Mvl's chart says it does have TTS. And the website for the 1405 model says this:

Spoken Street Names comes in the following languages

Danish Dutch Finnish French German Italian Polish
Portuguese Russian Spanish Swedish Turkish UK English US English
*languages available may differ per country

@dhn
Still a malfunction here. While the unit may support TTS, that doesn't mean that it also supports voice recognition, which (again) appears to be the OP's question.

Yeah, I didnt read far enough down the column.....:(

For Voice Recognition:

VIA 1435/1530/1535: Yes
All others: No

Ask a Question