Go 720 Voice Recognition????

well you know I have since moved it to the sd card and seems to still just work when it wants to, which is rarely, kind of odd, I guess I will post all of my specs

Finally! Voice Recognition on 720 works for me!

Thank you all for the information. Got the Voice recognition working after some headaches, but the hack works with my 720.

Since I'm a Mac user, I called Customer support about how to get Maps v 7.10.
They were useless. They said go find someone with a PC. Can't do it by Mac.

So I did. Installed TT 2.1 on a friend's PC. Tried to download the latest update. Kept getting the "internal server" error. Read the posts on how to fix this. Don't use a wireless connection. Connected my TT directly to the PC.

It took over AN HOUR with fast Broadband to download the NA file/ (TT's server is slowwwww.) and then over 25 minutes via the USB connection to copy it over to the TT.
TT 2.1 asked me to delete some files before downloading so that I would have enough space to fit the new map file.
No problems installing the DAT file. The info here on the forum regarding how to make the DAT file and see the extension was right on!

After the update, I wondered if I had installed correctly as I could not find the "Spoken address" icons, but I found them under Navigate to > Works like a charm!
Thanks again!:)

well you know I have since moved it to the sd card and seems to still just work when it wants to, which is rarely, kind of odd, I guess I will post all of my specs

From what I have also read; Some people have talked about the mic seeming to be "Off" after doing a backup and applying the VR patch. I believe it was suggested to do a restore or "soft reboot" to see if that fixes the problem.

Thank you all for the information. Got the Voice recognition working after some headaches, but the hack works with my 720.

Since I'm a Mac user, I called Customer support about how to get Maps v 7.10.
They were useless. They said go find someone with a PC. Can't do it by Mac.

So I did. Installed TT 2.1 on a friend's PC. Tried to download the latest update. Kept getting the "internal server" error. Read the posts on how to fix this. Don't use a wireless connection. Connected my TT directly to the PC.

After the update, I wondered if I had installed correctly as I could not find the "Spoken address" icons, but I found them under Navigate to > Works like a charm!
Thanks again!:)

Where did you get TT 2.1 and NA map 7.10??? I'd love to make this available, but I've got TT 2.3 and NA map 7.4

Where did you get TT 2.1 and NA map 7.10??? I just bought the tomtom Go 720 with U.S.A. maps.

That's all very old stuff (map and OS version)

If you bought your unit new, you are entitled to a free map within your first 30 days. During all this upgrading and everything, I always had voice recognition and never lost it once. The VR worked right out of the box as well.

And you saying you have U.S.A maps I'm assuming you have the "North America" map correct?

Just to be clear, "USA & CANADA" maps are for lower-end devices with limited internal memory; they are stripped down versions of the "North America" map.

"North America" maps are meant for x20, x30,x40, etc series devices. You have a 720, so you should have "North America"

Both Maps include USA and Canada, they are just named differently and are different sizes. This can get confusing at times.

By the way, this is a very very old thread that you revived. Most of the people will not respond since they are no longer here..

Uh, you were.......I am! :)

Seriously, the 'New Posts' link we use is the only way to see what's being posted everywhere on the Board.

Ask a Question