Voice Recognition on 720 - Discussion

The FM does not work, but I think they will re-enable it in a future firmware if it hasn't already.
I will have to check it out in my car. Sorry I don't know because I use the line-out feature.

did they announce that they will enable it in a future fw?

guys is there any way i can just update the fw to 7.221 & still get the latest NA maps

No, you need app 8.300 or later to read map 830.

If FM is your only concern, it works fine on app 8.351, no need to downgrade. If you don't want to play music in the background, you can "fool" the Tomtom by playing the silent mp3 located here.

No, you need app 8.300 or later to read map 830.

If FM is your only concern, it works fine on app 8.351, no need to downgrade. If you don't want to play music in the background, you can "fool" the Tomtom by playing the silent mp3 located here.

thanks for helping. btw is fw 8.351 out yet?

if i update my TT 720 to the latest app and NA maps, would i still need to have the voice recognition files? if so then what folder do i put them in?

Again, the ingredients for VR: cspeech files in the map folder and the support_asr.dat text file with only a 1 in it placed in the asr folder. Then VR should work (one used to also have a minimum of NA map version 710 and application 7.221, but, for about all 720 users, the users have updated beyond those requirements).

Again, the ingredients for VR: cspeech files in the map folder and the support_asr.dat text file with only a 1 in it placed in the asr folder. Then VR should work (one used to also have a minimum of NA map version 710 and application 7.221, but, for about all 720 users, the users have updated beyond those requirements).

thanks alot buddy.

ok guys, i have tried to download the latest map using the code that they gave me for 30 gays latest map. but everytime i use the code it says, it's expired or already used. i also installed an 8gb sd hc card. the device recognizes the card and so does home. at the very first time i was installing some apps to the sd card from home, and it said a problem occured while writing the file. and after that everytime i open up HOME while connected with the device, it just freezes up. i took out the sd card then the device tells me not to take it out and put it back in. i really need your help guys. please help me.

You should not need a code to download the latest map. Also, is the card a sdhc type, rather than just a sd? It should be a sdhc, the faster the better.

Try a pin reset on the unit and then see if it asks that you put the card in.

Also, you are within the 30 days of first use, aren't you, when trying for the Latest Map Guarantee? And your unit is new, not a refurbished?

You should not need a code to download the latest map. Also, is the card a sdhc type, rather than just a sd? It should be a sdhc, the faster the better.

Try a pin reset on the unit and then see if it asks that you put the card in.

Also, you are within the 30 days of first use, aren't you, when trying for the Latest Map Guarantee? And your unit is new, not a refurbished?

ya it is a sdhc card & 8gb. but when i bought it the sales person said tomtom doesn't recognize any sd card bigger than 2gb. so, i was confused about that.

i tried resetting it when the card was in and it works with the device. but the problem is my home just freezes up.

it is brand new and not a refubrised one. but in the box i had one of those paper that said latest map guranteed within thirty days and it had a code on it. i dont have the latest version of home so whenever i try to download the lates map i need the code. but they say the code is invalid or used already.

any suggestions guys?

With the newest applications (8.x and higher), the TomTom recognizes sdhc cards up to 32 gigs in size. You should update to the latest (8.351) application.

As far as the LMG, call support now at 866-486-6866 to get it straightened out. But you won't be able to get the latest map until you update the application first.

Then make the call.........

I understand a new Home application is available as of today but it is not necessary to upgrade it at this time. Deal with the other stuff first.

I understand a new Home application is available as of today but it is not necessary to upgrade it at this time. Deal with the other stuff first.

but the thing is everytime i connect the gps with the sd card in it, my Home freezes up. also when i go to download new maps, i have to give them the code, but they say the code is either invalid or already used.

i called them and then they asked me to send them an email with my the proof of purchase and other documents attached. and told me to wait 2 more business days. idk it seems so stupid to me.

i called them and then they asked me to send them an email with my the proof of purchase and other documents attached. and told me to wait 2 more business days. idk it seems so stupid to me.

Check HOME, you may already have your new map available on your account. "wait 2 business days" is longer than most people wait, it's usually done same call.

Or, as long as you're not about to exhaust 30 days from your purchase date (thus invalidating the latest map guarantee), maybe you should wait. A new map is due out in a couple of weeks or less, perhaps it's coming in "two business days" and the phone rep is being nice by suggesting you wait to get the newer map.

but the thing is everytime i connect the gps with the sd card in it, my Home freezes up.

That's not normal. A couple of questions to help troubleshoting: Are the drives labeled INTERNAL and EXTERNAL when using windows explorer? Are you using Vista?

Ask a Question