v 8.xx maps available for all tomtoms

It shows up the same on the US site. So anyone who held off on their map guarantee until now, this looks like a good time to use it.

Hopefully, 8.01 will handle IQ routing, but if not, would think a new app version would be coming soon.

I'd be very interested to hear what's been added to this latest map! Like, new streets, maybe?

TeleAtlas' Map Insight page still shows the same old MapShare-less features for my part of the States.
It'd be nice if even a few of my 200-odd corrections made into this one... :(

R?

I wouldn't say ALL TomTom's...On the US site it shows for the 520,720,920 and 530,730 and 930. I have a One XL and it still shows 7.25....:(

I wouldn't say ALL TomTom's...On the US site it shows for the 520,720,920 and 530,730 and 930. I have a One XL and it still shows 7.25....:(

Look on the bright side, you just saved 130 bucks! :D

I have an XL 330s and have used the LMG to update the map from 715 to 720 last week. I see that the latest now is 725. When I use the LMG again, it says that I already have the latest version on my device. Is this a one time deal? I am within the 30-day period. Shall I call customer support for this?

There is one major off ramp and road change near me, Tustin CA (55 fwy and Edinger Ave, that has not been updated yet. I can't totally blame Teleatlas yet since NavTeq has not fixed it either.

I'm one of the few that have free maps for a year that won't expire until Jan. Everytime a new map comes out I have to ask TT support to add it to my account so I can download it. Waiting for them to do that now hopefully sometime this morning. Can wait to see if the new features on my 720T turn on once it's loaded. Right now when ever I try to turn on "Show lane images" I get a error because I don't have V8 maps. Yes, I have the version that did not gray out that feature.

I have an XL 330s and have used the LMG to update the map from 715 to 720 last week. I see that the latest now is 725. When I use the LMG again, it says that I already have the latest version on my device. Is this a one time deal? I am within the 30-day period. Shall I call customer support for this?

yeah, i'd go ahead and call customer service and have them get that fixed for you. it's not an unreasonable request - you're still within the 30 days, you just had bad luck and downloaded the old map days before the new one came out. good luck, i'm sure tomtom will come through. keep us posted.

It shows up the same on the US site. So anyone who held off on their map guarantee until now, this looks like a good time to use it.

On my 720, the new map guarantee still says I have the latest map, so it may not be available that way.

There is one major off ramp and road change near me, Tustin CA (55 fwy and Edinger Ave, that has not been updated yet. I can't totally blame Teleatlas yet since NavTeq has not fixed it either.

Yup, the one near MicroCenter.
I made the correction on the 710 and 715 map. I also submitted to TeleAtlas' official website about that.

Has anyone noticed updates to TeleAtlas' MapInsight page? None of the corrections around my vicinity have appeared there. They've informed me that such changes should appear shortly after they pass on their "quarterlies" to TomTom.

So, I'm wondering if the 8.xx maps will be significantly updated from the 7.xx series? Or if TomTom focused mainly on features like, ALG, for these?

R?

On my 720, the new map guarantee still says I have the latest map, so it may not be available that way.

Have you logged on to your account while connected to your 720 ? If not, it may not offer a newer map, as it needs an "account" to download it to.

When logged on, have you simply tried the "Update" icon? I updated a friends 720 from map 710 to 720 (when that was the latest map) by simply doing that.

If that does not work, and you have not already done so - call support ASAP before your 30 days run out - they should be willing to get it set up so you can download it to your account.

Has anyone noticed updates to TeleAtlas' MapInsight page? None of the corrections around my vicinity have appeared there. They've informed me that such changes should appear shortly after they pass on their "quarterlies" to TomTom.

So, I'm wondering if the 8.xx maps will be significantly updated from the 7.xx series? Or if TomTom focused mainly on features like, ALG, for these?

R?

someone mentioned in a post earlier that their mapshare corrections were implemented. so i do think there have been significant updates, depending on the area. i would count on map, iq route, and ALG improvements from here on out. seems like things are only getting better.

Guys, the 30 days after a purchase of a new map don't mean squat.

I bought my map on Aug 19. The new ones came out around 9-4-08. I asked support if I was able to get the new version since I had just purchased the maps a few weeks ago. Their response was no.

I called support, talked to a very nice rep, but she said I would have to spend another $129 if I wanted the maps.

So then I went back and responded to my message to support. The response I got back was, and I quote:

"Your purchase was made over 2 weeks before the new map version was released. If it was closer to the release date we may have been able to do something."

So it was way less than 30 days. It was two weeks and a couple of days.

If I were to upgrade to the latest maps, in one months time I would have spent, $79 plus $129, just to have the most current maps. I think it is crazy that they would not do anything for me. Spending $208 in one month, because they release new maps is crazy. I know, no one is holding a gun to my head to buy maps. But I would have hoped that TomTom would have offered a little better deal than that. I even offered to pay the $50 difference to have the latest maps, and they would not go for it.

I post this, so in the future when you are thinking about buying maps, try and find out when their next maps are coming out before you buy..

As for me, I really don't think a new map is in my future from TomTom...

Don

I'm afraid you misinterpret the LMG. It's 30 days from purchase of the unit, not 30 days from purchase of a new map.

It's to protect purchasers from buying units that may have sat on retailer's shelves for months ...

I agree you got the short end of the stick because of timing, though ...:(

Ask a Question