v 8.xx maps available for all tomtoms

I'm afraid you misinterpret the LMG. It's 30 days from purchase of the unit, not 30 days from purchase of a new map.

It's to protect purchasers from buying units that may have sat on retailer's shelves for months ...

I agree you got the short end of the stick because of timing, though ...:(

I got the short end of the stick also, being not very smart with my TT720.
I thought when I plugged the TT and downloaded the updates it included the latest map. Found out from reading this site that wasn't the case and I was past the 30 day so I couldn't get the update. My TT was on the shelf for a while because I have 705.1 ver. Called TT and got a very big fat "NO new map for you"!

There should have been a slip of paper in the packaging explaining about the map upgrade (though it would have referred to putting in a code and some time ago, Home's software did away with that requirement. Now, LMG (latest map guarantee) is just flakey).

Sorry you missed out...........

There should have been a slip of paper in the packaging explaining about the map upgrade (though it would have referred to putting in a code and some time ago, Home's software did away with that requirement. Now, LMG (latest map guarantee) is just flakey).

Sorry you missed out...........

Ya, Too bad TT wasn't so understanding.

You could try to call (not email) Customer Support again; hopefully, you may get a more sympathetic representative. It has been known to happen.

Well, you won't be happy with this answer either, I'm afraid: A purchased (or downloaded) map gets 'locked' to one specific unit during Home's installation of the map -- even if you have 2 models of the same type.

It's TomTom's way to prevent piracy of their software and all GPS companies do it to some extent.

Well, you won't be happy with this answer either, I'm afraid: A purchased (or downloaded) map gets 'locked' to one specific unit during Home's installation of the map -- even if you have 2 models of the same type.

It's TomTom's way to prevent piracy of their software and all GPS companies do it to some extent.

Thought so..:(

Ask a Question