USA_and_Canada\PatchFilter.dat

Hi I've been tiring to find a file for my TomTom XL Canada 310 N14644 (same as link: TomTom XL - OpenTom). I even tired getting help from their technical support and no luck. My TomTom has the case of the red cross in start-up. The file that I've been tiring to find is called "patchfilter.dat". I believe this is my golden key to repairing my gps. If i had a friend with a similar GPS I would get it from him/her, but dont. :( The reason for this is because every time I connect to TomTomHome2, it keeps coming up with the same error message which is "Error Reading file: E:\USA_and_Canada\PatchFilter.dat". I was hoping if by any chance someone with the same gps could email me the file or help me fix this problem? Please help me and thank you for your time.

I don't understand where the need for patchfilter.dat has come from as none of my devices have this file on them, did you make a full back up of the device to the PC before you formatted the device, and when you formatted the unit did you use the Quick Format option as you should have used the slower normal format - Mike

I don't understand where the need for patchfilter.dat has come from as none of my devices have this file on them,
Mike - my USA maps have always included that file. It appears to include a list of all of the state/country that are selectable, and hence, what areas will be allowed for MapShare updates. It's been a long while since that name came up, but a search here for it will probably turn up an issue that bit one user when that file was corrupted.

Yeah, I didn't think before i formatted the tomtom but the file that gave me trouble was included in the same folder with the map Oh well I'll defiantly stick with the other thread like you said so I'm not jumping around. Thank you you guys though for the help. I really appreciate it. :thumb: I hope i get this this map thing settled out :rolleyes:

Ask a Question