Urban rider not turning on.

Hi all,

Has anyone had any problems turning on the rider.

I've only had mine for two weeks and have found on several occassions that it wont turn on. IT come on when I plug the charge lead in and will stay on if I disconnect the lead.

Wondered if it was something to do with the state of charge.

It turns on and off o.k. when the charger is in.

I can forsee problems when I'm out on the bike if it wont turn on for the trip home.

Any comments welcome.

I know other tomtom gps units elicit that behaviour when the battery is very low and only a connected situation gets it enough power to turn on.

When it is on after just disconnecting from the bike, what is the status of the battery indicator on the unit?

Any chance you can power it for a few hours to a computer, or better than that, a mains power source?

Just from what you say, it would sound like the battery is either no good, or is not getting fully charged.

Not sure about the Urban series, but the "normal" Rider (1 and 2) do not charge thru the USB on a computer, you have to either charge it thru the bike mount or with the supplied wall charger.

Cheers

Ask a Question