Upgrade app on XL 30 Series

Hi there,

my wife is currently running an XL 30 Series on version 8.010 of the TomTom application, and she's having horrible problems with it stuttering and crashing frequently.

Looking at the list of changes in the more recent versions of the application, I have some hope that these issues might be fixed, but TomTom home is still telling us that 8.010 is the most recent version.

Can someone explain how I would go about upgrading her device to a more recent version?

The more recent software of the XL series is specifically designed for the newer units. It may or may not help any, and could break things.

The crashes aren't that normal for a XL 30 series, perhaps your device is corrupt.

Try backing up your Tomtom per this link (make 100% sure your map backup is good), then reformat the drive, and copy your map folder only back. Then use HOME to reinstall the application, and then your voices. Perhaps that will help.

I'm not too familiar with that specific model (things are numbered differently in the US), does it have TTS, the SD card slot, and 64mb memory? If so, there are issues with stuttering on that model that can be worked around by loading Loquendo voices onto it. No other XL model is known to stutter, and this fix doesn't work on any other XL model. You can copy the voices from this link.

Ask a Question