One V3 application upgrade

Hi,

I was sent an email telling me to upgrade my TomTom application. I connected to 'TomTom Home' and selected updates. The program deleted my current application but was unable to re-load the new one (version 6.560 size 8361KB) due to lack of memory. It says I have 8.2 MB free and I still need to remove 0.1MB. However there are no items in the 'Select items to remove'. Now I'm stuck with a TomTom which dosen't work!!! My SD card apperas to be empty!! Tried the online support - next to useless....

Help!

Do you have a backup prior to trying this update? (hopefully with Explorer, not Home).

When you use Explorer, are you saying that it shows nothing on the sd card? (I assume your model is one which runs everything off the sd card and not internal??)

The application version you mentioned you were trying to install is very, very old. I don't know why that was offered....

If you can see contents of the sd card, ESPECIALLY a map folder with files in it, make an Explorer backup of the card's contents now, ensuring hidden files and folders are showing. Then delete the loose files from the root of the card, NO folders or their contents.

Connect to Home and you should be offered the application again. See if you can download and install it.

Hi, Thanks for your reply.
Unfortunately the card is empty except for one small file tthome.bif.
I can't believe I've lost everything by simply trying to upgrade to the latest version they claimed!!
It won't let me do anything - backup/restore included

:mad:

Mike

Well, the last hope (prior to your having to call UK support) is this: Is the map you had on the unit and upgrade of what you originally started with? If so, the map is also stored on your computer and can be reinstalled.

But, if it was the original map, then you are going to make that call and see what support has to say...........

Original Euro map! Already in touch with Matt K(UK) in support. Slow painful process.
Thanks anyway!!

Mike:)

Ask a Question