update to home 2.9

TomTom Model(s)
Go Live 1005 App12.055.1124410.74 Map Europe 885.4007
Hi Since being forced to upgrade to the latest version of Home 2.9 and despite my subscriptions being valid until Oct 2012 have lost my safety cameras and fuel updates. The update screen offers me safety cameras fro the whole of Europe including removal for France but nothing for the UK. Safety cameras are also not working on the unit though warning sounds are selected and the reporting symbol also shows.

I cannot operate the unit though home fault details are below:

ERROR: Error: Error calling method on NPObject!
in chrome://tthome/content/ui/subtask/emulator/emulatorPage.js:231
Stack:
0. function startup_navigator("WT3498K00949","9-430-890926-1.dll","29","TTU","F:*E:") unknown
1. function () chrome://tthome/content/ui/subtask/emulator/emulatorPage.js:231
dataFolder);
2. function ([object XML]) chrome://tthome/content/ui/subtask/emulator/emulatorPage.js:147
this.initEmulator();
3. function ([object XML]) chrome://tthome/content/logic/util.js:79
return func.apply(obj, arguments);
4. function () chrome://tthome/content/logic/comm.js:442
this.successCallback(this.resultXML);
5. function (true) chrome://tthome/content/logic/comm.js:430
this._doneCallbacks();
6. function ([object ProgressEvent]) chrome://tthome/content/logic/comm.js:277
this.request.onload = function() { me._done(true); }

Time: Sun, 19 Aug 2012 17:45:22 GMT

All functions were fine prior to upgrade

Thanks in anticipation

Julian

In addition to uninstalling Home, be sure that the uninstall has cleared out the historical downloads of safety cameras and fuel. You should also delete them from your unit.

From the unit, delete from inside your Western_Europe (or similar) map folder, all files beginning with "Safety_Cam...". Should be 3 of them (*.ov2, *.dct and *.ver).

From the unit, delete from inside your Western_Europe (or similar) map folder, all files beginning with "Fuel_Stations". Should be a number of them,including 1 each *.ov2, *.dct and *.ver files.

Now, if the uninstall of Home hasn't already accomplished a full wipe of the previous Home downloads...

From your PC, delete from My Documents/TomTom/HOME/Download/complete/safetycamera all folders you find there.

From your PC, delete from My Documents/TomTom/HOME/Download/complete/fuelprice all folders you find there.

Then disconnect and reconnect your device and allow Home to re-offer the safety camera data for you.

All missing services have now been offered and installed, tomorrow will tell. Can also operate the TomTom from inside Home.

Many Thanks

Julian

Glad that worked. Ran into a similar issue early on with my 740 Live. Knew what to do, but after fighting it for a while, discovered (duh) that it had created the Fuel_Stations files on both internal memory and the uSD card, and until I realized this and nuked them from both locations, I was 'stuck'. After that more thorough cleaning, the fresh downloads worked.

Ask a Question