Unusual Directions

TomTom Model(s)
one xl - s
I had planned a 247 mile route from near Jackson Mississippi to Pensacola Florida using the Tyre program. I had used this route successfully a few months ago. So I tried to use it again today. The only difference was that I did not turn my TT on this time until about 20 miles past the starting point,

The unit then persisted to try to get me to turn around for about 30 minutes and take me back to the starting point that I had neglected.

Naturally I had no choice but to turn the unit off for the remainder of the trip.

This was totally unexpected and surprising to say the least.

Has anyone else ran in to this problem before.

My understanding with Itineraries is that the unit will try to start you off at the beginning--regardless of where you phsically are in the route.

I believe you click on 'reached waypoint' in Itinerary to get it to stop trying to take you back to the starting point.

My understanding with Itineraries is that the unit will try to start you off at the beginning--regardless of where you phsically are in the route.

I believe you click on 'reached waypoint' in Itinerary to get it to stop trying to take you back to the starting point.

Exactly. I thought it was worded something like "mark waypoint as visited," but the concept is the same -- you'd be telling TomTom that you've already completed that part of the trip.

Computers are very black-and-white (or "1 and 0" if you prefer). If you give it a list of locations you must visit in a particular order, then you must visit all of them in a particular order. To do otherwise would be "wrong" so you have to adjust the programming manually.

This is exactly how an itinerary works. From wherever you are, it will first navigate to the first waypoint. So the solution, as mentioned in the two previous posts, is to mark the first waypoint as having been visited.

Ask a Question