Unable to lock onto GPS signal

TomTom Model(s)
Start 20
I've got a TomTom Start 20 and it up until yesterday it was receiving a signal perfectly fine and is 13 months old.

This morning I went to use it - nothing all day. Tried resetting the unit via the menu and still nothing. No idea if there's a hard reset anywhere as the reset via the menu is only a soft reset.

Borrowed the work one again and had no problem except coming back on the A30 from Cornwall into Devon I did notice the borrowed unit going a bit berzerk as it was thinking I was driving through fields. Every time it hit a road coming off the A30 which I was actually traveling on you could see the unit re-calculate the route.

The weather here has been very bad all day, very grey overcast, plenty of rain and fairly windy so not sure if that has anything to do with it.

My Start 20 has been stored in the box it came in and has never been subjected to shock and has been looked after very well.

Any ideas?

Glad you're sorted!
The unusual thing though, is that you have not had any problems until now.... for most affected units, they all stopped working at the same time, back on 31 March.

TomTom found the fault remarkably quickly and rushed out a new version of Navcore within a few days (April 4th IIRC).

As the panic has mainly passed by now, we may well have had a job linking your problem to that issue very quickly!

I have to admit, I was very worried.

We can't afford to buy a new one and we contacted one place that did TomTom repairs with a "no fix no fee" and they quoted £60 which we can't afford.

Luckily I saw the message on the support site and, well, the rest is history!

Ask a Question