"Unable To Connect To Your Phone"

Use Explorer and look on your computer in Documents and Settings/Yourname/My Documents/Tom Tom/Home/Backup/Complete/Programs. (I think that's the path.... or something similar).

Do you see more than 1 cab file listed, particularly a cab file with a number NOT 8.351? If so:

1. Male an Explorer, not Home, backup of your unit's contents. Ensure hidden files/folders are showing.
2. Use winrar to open and extract the Files/Folders in the lower version cab file and overwrite the files/folders on your unit with the extracted files/folders.
3. Disconnect your unit PROPERLY from the computer using the Safely Remove Hardware icon in your notification area.
4. Restart the unit and you should be at a lower application version. You can check by tapping the satellite bars on the unit and the nextscreen shows the version number.

If you are a recent Tomtom owner, you may not have 8.302 on your computer. Per your prior message that you have a Tomtom 730, so download this file and extract per DHN's instructions.

Hi.. i found previous version 8.350 instead of current 8.351... i will try 8.350 first as it didn't give me any problem previously (anyway, i used it only for 1 month before upgrading for my new tomtom)

Do you think i should just download and used 8.302 to solve the problem ? what would be the expected problem if i downgrade ?

8.302's biggest issues are that there is no FM transmitter for directions, and the line-out volume is too high. The bluetooth instability that occurs after a few days seems to affect 8.350 and 8.351 equally.

mvl..

I re-installed 8.351 and seem to fix it for the moment. Any cafeful steps required to avoid the bluetooth issue ?

Any idea when Tomtom will launch new version to fix this bug? i don't feel like downgrading & upgrading again...

If you get bluetooth issues, just do a pin reset on the Tomtom. That fixes it for most people, including me.

There's no predictable schedule on Tomtom software releases. For example:
8.300 - Nov 08
8.301 - Feb 09
8.302 - Mar 09
8.350 - May 09
8.351 - May 09

Since 2 months was the largest gap in a while, maybe something's coming this month.

after reading this thread i had the same problem on my Go630, so i am using the basic firmware on the model atm and my phone is working brilliant, is there any idea when TT might bring out a new update to replace the 8.351 update that buggers up everyones phone?

I don't know if we'll ever see an application upgrade for the x20 and x30 series of models ...... :eek:

I've been holding off buying updated maps because of this Bluetooth bug. Bye bye TomTom if they don't fix it.

Wish you'd call TT at 866-486-6866 and let them know what you just posted here.

If more users let them know that TT's lack of addressing this issue is and will cost them $$$$, maybe they'll finally listen. Maybe.............

Ask a Question