TT720 jukebox volume problem

so i just got a go 720. put some music on it and did the fm transmit thing. it worked great. then i updated the 720 and now the volume control on the jukebox doesn't function. yea you can slide it up and down but it doesn't have any effect on the volume. any ideas?

The newer software has fixed the level of the FM Tx Audio output, the idea is to adjust the volume by using the volume control on the car stereo, the volume slider that appears won't do anything at all, it would be better if this slider didn't appear as it leads to confusion - Mike

The newer software has fixed the level of the FM Tx Audio output, the idea is to adjust the volume by using the volume control on the car stereo, the volume slider that appears won't do anything at all, it would be better if this slider didn't appear as it leads to confusion - Mike
It would be even better if it still worked, and it doesn't work on Line Out, either.

At least on my vehicle, the audio on Line Out is too hot, and overdrives my system just enough to start to cause distortion. Turning down the radio just reduces the volume of the already distorted sound. True with the nav instructions as well. Since I had given up on the FM Tx out, I didn't realize that the slider was now non-functional there as well.

Why do you suppose they 86'd that feature?

No idea why the got rid of the function, I have now switched over to using Bluetooth from the device to the car which doesn't suffer from distortion or any of the other issues with ground loop interference when using Line out - Mike

Sorry -- caught in a double post. But while I'm here, I'd also agree w/you on the ground isolation issue. I had to install an isolator on my line out to get rid of the whistle. It was easier (and cheaper) in the old days when you could just find a great honking choke to throw on the DC side.

Last edited:

Ask a Question