TT1 Version 4

TomTom Model(s)
Tom tom One
Hello -

I just picked up a new TT1 to replace one that was accidentally broken by my own carelessness..

Anyway - it tells me that it is Version 4.. There is a SIM card slot, but no SIM card came with the unit.. I am hoping to use the SIM from my old TT1

I hooked it up to the Tom Tom home and was able to download everything I had been smart enough to backup...

$299.00 at Best Buy

The biggest difference I have noticed is that when I plan a route it asks me if I need to be there by any particular time.. My old one asked me to choose between fastest, shortest, etc..

To get to that feature I now have to go to Advanced Planning and enter a departure and destination. At that point it prompts me for how I want to get there..

I am not sure if this is something I can change in the setup.. I literally just got it less than 2 hours ago.. Still looking through the manuals and CD..

The biggest difference I have noticed is that when I plan a route it asks me if I need to be there by any particular time.. My old one asked me to choose between fastest, shortest, etc..

To get to that feature I now have to go to Advanced Planning and enter a departure and destination. At that point it prompts me for how I want to get there..

I am not sure if this is something I can change in the setup.. I literally just got it less than 2 hours ago.. Still looking through the manuals and CD..
You just have to set the preferences whether you want it to ask you to choose the type of route or automatically choose it for you. It's under "Planning Preferences" in the Preferences menu. You might have to use "Show All Menus" to access it.

I believe both of those things can be changed in the setup. I know mine asked me about the time at first and I told it not to. Also you can tell it whether to always go shortest or quickest or ask each time.

Look through the menus. I think the application program is same release as before, you just have built in 1GB memory instead of coming on a SD card.

Ask a Question