Poi tt1005

TomTom Model(s)
Live 1005 world
Hi guys , I have added a couple of POI on my TT , ie position , address & phone number but I can't add any info . Ie I have put in a campsite but can't add what facilities info.
Also can I add categories to the list that is on my TT ? Ie pub , wine bar etc as there is a dirty little pub I know that comes up in POI under restaurant because there isn't a pub/bar option (there is no way that this pub sells food)

I'm afraid you are limited in what info you can provide when adding a poi, as you've noticed.

As well, you can't add sub categories to main categories. I really don't know why TomTom doesn't allow it. Garmins have had sub categories forever it seems.

Also can I add categories to the list that is on my TT ? Ie pub , wine bar etc as there is a dirty little pub I know that comes up in POI under restaurant because there isn't a pub/bar option

You certainly CAN add categories (but not "sub-categories" as dhn says...) So you can have a POI category for "Pubs" and another one for "Dirty pubs" if you like! ;)

You can either create them on the unit itself (Go to Manage POIs / Add POI Category) and then add items in that category yourself one by one (With "Add POI").

Or you can add entire files of ready made POI categories. There are hundreds of these available from various websites (eg PocketGPSWorld in the UK - go to the "Free downloads" section in the blue menubar).
They have at least three categories for pubs (pubs pubs+carvery and"dining pubs"). CAMRA also do their own one for a couple of quid I think.
Once that file (or files) is loaded, you can then add new items to it yourself with the normal "Add POI" function.

I do this all the time... I have a basic list of good pubs from that website and if I find any new ones I like that weren't on the list, I add them to the unit and also report them back to PocketGPSWorld so they get added to their master list.

Once you have downloaded the files, you use MyTomTom to install them. There are full instructions in our "FAQs and Articles" section here: How to add POIs, voices etc to the new TomToms (and to BACK THEM UP)

If you need any help just shout.

Last edited:

Ask a Question