TT1 v2 - 675 is latest map version????

TomTom Model(s)
GO 720
I just got off the phone to Tomtom regarding which map version I got through the Mac version of the Home software, and the guy said that for my model, maps 6.75 are the latest, because my TT is an older model and the v7 maps are for NavCore 7. Now my software version is 7.162 or something similar - isn't this NavCore 7?

Any advice appreciated, as I am now thoroughly confused and don't know what to do!

Edit:
I posted this on another forum after my calls to Tomtom:

Well after three separate phone calls to Tomtom this morning:

Person 1 was the most helpful and suggested I run through all the updates again using my original SD card, which led to nothing.

Person 2 was very abrupt and said the map version I have (v675) is the latest version for my unit, and that the v7 maps are for newer units that have more features.

Person 3 was telling me that it was, in fact, impossible to download maps through the Mac version of the Tomtom Home software, despite me having actually done so. He also said that the v7 maps are for more recent models of Tomtom, and that v675 maps are the latest version for my unit.

So it looks like I may have been mistaken, but Tomtom don't make it very clear AT ALL what is the latest version. I love their products, but their customer service leaves quite a bit to be desired.

Last edited:

Ask a Question