TT Home update v2.3.192..disables some Preferences

TomTom Model(s)
TT ONE & GO 920
TT Home Update v2.3.1.92 disables all Map share Preferences. Check your Map Share preferences to be sure ?. Navigation (N) => Menu -> Tools -> TT Map Share -> Map Share Preferences -> Tab (T) Select POI Categories.

So far thats all I've noticed... does anyone knows of any other issues with this recent TT home version update?

TT Home Update v2.3.1.92 disables all Map share Preferences. Check your Map Share preferences to be sure ?. Navigation (N) => Menu -> Tools -> TT Map Share -> Map Share Preferences -> Tab (T) Select POI Categories.

So far thats all I've noticed... does anyone knows of any other issues with this recent TT home version update?

I could not get my TT Home to update to 2.3.1.92. When it almost loaded, the screen froze. Could not exit or get out of Home. I have not tried it since!!

No problem here...works just fine. Did you have your TT connected to computer and Home?

Not a problem here. What DOES irritate me is the fact that every new update of TTHome insists on installing as a Windows start up item, regardless of the setting I had chosen in Preferences for the previous version.

Not a problem here. What DOES irritate me is the fact that every new update of TTHome insists on installing as a Windows start up item, regardless of the setting I had chosen in Preferences for the previous version.

Combine that with the fact that once you start Home, the system tray app remains loaded, and it really gets annoying. If I wanted more background processes running on my PC I would add them myself. I tried renaming the Homerunner.exe to something else, but then Home refuses to run at all.

Combine that with the fact that once you start Home, the system tray app remains loaded, and it really gets annoying. If I wanted more background processes running on my PC I would add them myself. I tried renaming the Homerunner.exe to something else, but then Home refuses to run at all.

There's a more elegant way to override this. You can use msconfig (Start -> Run -> msconfig [OK]) to find out where it's being launched from, typically it's either from your StartUp group or a Run= line in the registry. Delete the icon or registry key (being careful not to delete anything else in the registry) and it should stop loading at boot.

There's a more elegant way to override this. You can use msconfig (Start -> Run -> msconfig [OK]) to find out where it's being launched from, typically it's either from your StartUp group or a Run= line in the registry. Delete the icon or registry key (being careful not to delete anything else in the registry) and it should stop loading at boot.

That would be the preferred way. However, doing it this way doesn't stop it from remaining loaded after Home exits. I was thinking about writing a script that would load Homerunner.exe, then load Home, wait for Home to exit, and then terminate Homerunner.exe, it would probably be more trouble (for my too infrequently used programming "skills") than it's worth.

Ask a Question