TT GO 720 problem to access after change cal.txt

TomTom Model(s)
go 720
Hello,
my name is Fabio and i'm italian, so sorry for my english. ;)
After a problem with touch screen i follow a guide for re-calibrate the tom tom.
I make a cal.txt file with the new calibration and i put in the internal memory.
Now when i power on my TT i can not click anithing and i can not connect to pc to change the file cal.txt.
I try to make a new cal.txt into a SD card but don't work.
I try to replace the touch screen with another but the problem is the same.
Some ideas?
TNX

Fabio

You can access your device even without ability to hit Yes/No to "Connect to computer" and then you can delete or edit the cal.txt file.

Do this by connecting your device to your PC, and while it is connected, pressing the small reset button in the bottom of the unit (carefully!) with a paper clip end or similar.
When the device reboots and discovers that it is connected to your PC, it will not even ask Yes/No about connection - it will connect automatically. Then you can use your PC to work on the cal.txt file.

You can access your device even without ability to hit Yes/No to "Connect to computer" and then you can delete or edit the cal.txt file.
Do this by connecting your device to your PC, and while it is connected, pressing the small reset button in the bottom of the unit (carefully!) with a paper clip end or similar.
When the device reboots and discovers that it is connected to your PC, it will not even ask Yes/No about connection - it will connect automatically. Then you can use your PC to work on the cal.txt file.

OMG! :eek:

Thank you very much!:D:D:D:D:D

WORK!!!!!

Many years ago, I had to modify the cal.txt file on my 720, and originally got the numbers backwards (the syntax changed), so you have a pretty good idea how I happened to discover this solution!
Glad it worked for you, too.

Ask a Question