Go720, problem after update crash!

Dears

My GO720 crashed during un update via TomTom Home without clear reason..

No crack, no unofficial download or upgrades but it crashed. Now after several troubles I'm able to use it but...

- the voice recognition doesn't work at all...I can't see the logo where I could activate the voice recognition to set the address...
- the quick fix GPS doesn't work at all...so when I connetc it to the TomTom Jome no updates..

Unfortunately I haven't done theback-up so i can't use this solution...

Thanks for your feedback
Paolo

What kind of update were you trying for? There hasn't been an application update in over 2 years. (latest is 8.351).

Anyway..........

Make an Explorer, not Home, backup of your unit's contents. Then delete all the loose files in the root of the unit, NO folders or their contents.

Connect to Home and install the application offered. Disconnect from Home properly using the device disconnect icon. Close Home.

Connect to the computer. Use Explorer to delete the contents of the ephem folder on the unit. Then, go here:
c:\documents and settings\yourname\my documents\TomTom\Home\Downloads\Complete\ephemeris\

and delete any sub folders found there.

Connect again to Home. You should be offered a new gpsquickfix file. Install and again detach properly from Home.

Do a pin reset on the unit.

Any better?

Voice imput nmot yet available

Dears
thanks to your informations now it seems that the Quickfix runs...but the vocal imput function is still not available...
what can I do??
many thanks
Paolo

Do you have a text file in the asr folder called support_asr.dat (NOT support_asr.dat.txt) with nothing but a 1 in it? No blanks, carriage returns, quotes, nothing but the 1?

Ask a Question