TT GO 720 Map problem.

I recently had a 720 damaged. So I bought a new one which I received today. Now, I plug the new device into the pc, and TomTom Home says that it's a new device. So I switch my old account to this new device. Now TomTom Home wants to give me the map that I had for the old device, (which is a newer version than the one I have on my new 720). But the problem is I have to download it, and the file is pretty big. However I have everything backed up from my old device. Why can't TomTom Home just restore everything back in my new device instead of downloading everything from scratch including the custom POIs that I had. I tried to restore everything from the old device backup file but it didn't work. Any ideas guys?

Maps are locked to a specific device, even if both devices are the same model. That's why the map needs downloading again for new device and new email address......

BUT..........

No reason you cannot simply copy the custom ov2 files from a backed up map folder to the map folder on the new device.

But I didn't create a new account for this new device. I kept my existing account and linked it with the new Go 720. So, do I still need to download the map?

Ask a Question