Tripmaster V1.8 is ready!

TomTom Model(s)
iPhone / Android / GO1015
Tripmaster V1.8 is now ready for download. Some of the new things:

- the capability to record NMEA logs, including GPGGA and GPRMC frames
- a fix for the display of flashing message after hiding Tripmaster
- a new CSV file format, with quotes only around text area, with a header and separated fields for comment zone
- an auto-adaptative accelerometer

Tripmaster V1.8 is now ready for download. Some of the new things:

- the capability to record NMEA logs, including GPGGA and GPRMC frames
- a fix for the display of flashing message after hiding Tripmaster
- a new CSV file format, with quotes only around text area, with a header and separated fields for comment zone
- an auto-adaptative accelerometer

I really appreciate the work you put into this application. Great job and thanks!!

-S

I just noticed something, the word Dur. is now missing. I know that has nothing to do with the function of the application but just something that was obvious. Any chance of hiding the unit's as well (i.e. km/h, km, m)?

Also, will you add the flash when using the capture function?

Thanks again roussillat for creating the program and runarg for beta testing.

won't run on my Rider V2??

Hi,

Unfortunately this messes up the display on my Rider 2?

Same was true for the previous version also... anyone an idea why?

That is a well known problem that has been discussed in another thread. It is because TomTom have stopped maintaining their SDK, and all plugins need the SDK to use the screen. Currently Tripmaster is not working on Rider 2 ang GO XL. We expect it to stop working on the other devices when the firmware is upgraded.

The good news is that the developer is working on Triplogger. It has all the nice logging functions of Tripmaster but not the screen. It will hopefully work on all TT devices.

We will keep you informed about the progress:)

The good news is that the developer is working on Triplogger. It has all the nice logging functions of Tripmaster but not the screen. It will hopefully work on all TT devices.

Interesting, so I guess this program will just run in the background with no GUI like Event Logger?

Last edited:
Interesting, so I guess this program will just run in the program with no GUI like Event Logger?
Yes, but with possibility for flashing messages with different information in the TomTom navigation screen (just like the altitude display today).

Ok, thanks, as a new owner I hadn't found that bit out yet...

-Still the Rider v2 seems good!

br

D.

Hi,
Same was true for the previous version also... anyone an idea why?

The SDK has not evolved for the new devices.

In the /tripmaster/config.txt file, you'll find a line "screenadaptation none", change it to "screenadaptation rider2" and it should work a little bit better.

The only remaining problem is that the setup screens will sometime get garbaged and that you won't be able to key in values using the virtual keyboard that remains garbaged. And I can't change anything to that.

Hi

Just a note to say thanks, the fix mentioned above for Rider 2 has restored the display, I'll see how it goes!

Ta

Dermot.

Hi!
I've been using tripmaster v1.7b for some time and just love it :)
I'd like to upgrade to v1.8, but I'm not shure about the correct procedure: should I delete the old app first or just install v1.8 through home over v1.7b?
Thanks!
Nuno.

where's the accelerometer and what does it do?

A side note: I used it this past weekend and it was awesome! Thanks for the app!!

Ask a Question