Tripmaster V1.8 is ready!

You should a little line above the speedometer, that is the accelormeter.

When I peel my car, you can see a bar grow to left for acclerating. When I break, the bar grows to the right. It's kinda neat to glance at.

You should a little line above the speedometer, that is the accelormeter.

When I peel my car, you can see a bar grow to left for acclerating. When I break, the bar grows to the right. It's kinda neat to glance at.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh so that's what it is lol. Jeez and here I am thinking it was a G-meter.... but then I figured it couldn't possibly create g-forces when I'm going straight hahaha so then I gave up figuring out what it was.

The SDK has not evolved for the new devices.

In the /tripmaster/config.txt file, you'll find a line "screenadaptation none", change it to "screenadaptation rider2" and it should work a little bit better.

The only remaining problem is that the setup screens will sometime get garbaged and that you won't be able to key in values using the virtual keyboard that remains garbaged. And I can't change anything to that.

will this work with the one xl if so what do you put in the config file

Keep at it! I was pretty unhappy with my TTR until I installed your utilities:D Great stuff!

How can I install and make to work Tripmaster 1.8 on the One XL?

I install it, but, when I try to launch, I receive a garbaged screen. What can I do?

How can I install and make to work Tripmaster 1.8 on the One XL?

I install it, but, when I try to launch, I receive a garbaged screen. What can I do?

Currently the application doesn't fully support the ONE XL. The developer however needs some help in making it work. You can help him out if want.

I copied the following post by the developer roussillat from the yournav.com forum:

Hello,

As you may have noticed, Tripmaster (and my other plugins) doesn't work on One XL : the screen is scrambled.
I need One XL owners help to understand what's happening.

Here is a version of Tripmaster, to perform tests.

http://www.webazar.org/tomtom/apps/tripmaster/tripmaster.zip

It's only Tripmaster's binary, you need to proceed as follows to install it and make tests :

- install version v1.7b
- unzip this file and copy the tripmaster file included in it in the /tripmaster directory of your Tomtom
- then, launch Tripmaster, the screen will be scrambled, but you can still stop it by clicking in the upper right corner of the screen
- edit /tripmaster/config.txt file to add the following line :

Code:
screenadaptation onexl

- launch once again Tripmaster

If my idea is right, you should see a 40*40 pixels white grid on a black.

If not :
- stop Tripmaster
- create in the /tripmaster directory a file named "capture" (without quotes)
- launch Tripmaster and stop it

You'll find a .raw file, please send it by mail roussillat (at) gmail.com

I'm the owner of a TTOXL. Unfortunately the link to the test binary is no longer working.

I would love to help somehow. I'm certain I could be of some use, as I develop for hand held gaming systems.

I emailed the author around a week ago, but never had a reply :(

I try to make what @digital-flex tell me, but I don't find any config.txt file. I must create separately?What another lines must be writen?

I try to make what @digital-flex tell me, but I don't find any config.txt file. I must create separately?What another lines must be writen?

Well, looks like the link is down for the tripmaster binary so I don't know whether there are additional files butthe config.txt is usually always in the tripmaster directory.

Just registered here to tell you I absolutely love this app.

Thanks for developing it,and for free!! :)

Welcome to the forum.

It definitely a great app.

Tripmaster downloading???

I tried installing Tripmaster on my 510 and I am getting a message that " you are installing to a volume that is read only" - what does this mean??:confused:

tripmaster

Thanks for the quick response Digital-Flex. I found the problem- I was using my cardd reader and assumed that I could download tripmaster onto the Sd card in this manner. I could not. Once I put the sd card back into the 510, it downloaded just fine. That just shows that card readers can't do everything. The program looks great!!!! It gives another dimension to my TT!!

I'm the owner of a TTOXL. Unfortunately the link to the test binary is no longer working.

I would love to help somehow. I'm certain I could be of some use, as I develop for hand held gaming systems.

I emailed the author around a week ago, but never had a reply :(

Send me another email, so I can send you a tripmaster testing version. But, I'm afraid there's no solution to make it work on One XL...

And I'm not speaking of V7 version, where it doesn't work at all...

Send me another email, so I can send you a tripmaster testing version. But, I'm afraid there's no solution to make it work on One XL...

And I'm not speaking of V7 version, where it doesn't work at all...

Ohhh...this it's bad news.:( I, also, send you an email and not receive response. But, if you think don't work on One XL, it's not necessary to send me a testing version of TripMaster. Maybe, in the future, who know...:D

Ohhh...this it's bad news.:( I, also, send you an email and not receive response. But, if you think don't work on One XL, it's not necessary to send me a testing version of TripMaster. Maybe, in the future, who know...:D

Meanwhile, I've received a GO720 from Tomtom, and I've planned to test Tripmaster on it, because it has the same screen than the One XL.
But, unfortunately, with Tomtom v7, my plugins directly crashes, so no test is possible.

I'll try to find someone more skilled in Linux, Framebuffer and so on to continue the work on plugins.

Meanwhile, I've received a GO720 from Tomtom, and I've planned to test Tripmaster on it, because it has the same screen than the One XL.
But, unfortunately, with Tomtom v7, my plugins directly crashes, so no test is possible.

I'll try to find someone more skilled in Linux, Framebuffer and so on to continue the work on plugins.

That is definitely sad news, especially since Tripmaster is a very popular program that I'm sure most TT owners use.

Hi Roussillat! Your programs are a great addition to TomTom devices...in fact a lot of the programs (esp. TripMaster and SunTime) are features that probably should have been built in to the device from the start!

I don't know if you are planning on making any further updates to Tripmaster because of the v7 SDK debacle, but if you do I have 2 feature requests that you might consider...

1. Would it be possible to set a threshold for what the program considers to be mobile v. stopped? E.g. you could say that if the speed is below some defined speed (5MPH, 10MPH, etc) then the time-in-motion counter will stop.

I use Tripmaster to time my commute to/from work, but while I can gauge my total travel time, it is not very accurate gauging how long I was in traffic because the traffic rarely stops completely - it just goes very slowly.

2. Would it be possible to add a reset button for the clocks? It's easy enough to just close and re-open tripmaster, but it would be convenient to do it right in the program.

Thanks for the awesome programs!

Ask a Question