Tripmaster V2.0 Beta is ready

TomTom Model(s)
iPhone / Android / GO1015
The developer has not given up tryng to get Tripmaster working with NavCore 7. Tripmaster V2.0 Beta is now ready for testing. Try it and report back here how it is performing.

Tripmaster 2.0 Beta

Tripmaster V2.0B2

Tripmaster V2.0B2 is ready for download. Pleas use the latest version when you are testing!

i noticed that I have lost the "help" icon on my 510 after I re-downloaded Tripmaster 1.8 and 2.0. Is there any way to get it back? I do like this feature on Nav 7.

i noticed that I have lost the "help" icon on my 510 after I re-downloaded Tripmaster 1.8 and 2.0. Is there any way to get it back? I do like this feature on Nav 7.
No, as far as I know there is nothing that you can do. This is one of the problems caused by TomTom stopping to support 3rd part applications. It's not a Tripmaster problem, it will be the same for all 3rd party applications.

No, as far as I know there is nothing that you can do. This is one of the problems caused by TomTom stopping to support 3rd part applications. It's not a Tripmaster problem, it will be the same for all 3rd party applications.

Has TomTom explained why they eliminated support for 3rd party applications? Or is this just a new development? Were they getting too many complaints or support calls because 3rd party stuff "broke" normal functions?

With v2b2, does the Help Icon return? It is odd in any case that this item disappeared.

With v2b2, does the Help Icon return? It is odd in any case that this item disappeared.

No -it doesn't return. I had TM 2.0 on my TT and the "help me" icon disappeared. I had Joghurt's new calculator program on my TT also and it also eliminated the "help me" icon. joghurt's new calculator program for Nav 7 is much better than the old progrm!! I wish I could have kept both!!!

This is good!

My first impression after a test trip with V2B8 is very good. Now my GO720 feels just like it did with my GO910 and NavCore 6. I don't see any freeze at all. Please test it and report back here:)

Tripmaster, GO920

I have been trying to install, but no go. I believe I have followed your instructions, but don't see Tripmaster in the Home installation window. There are 2 files, the .cap file in the SDK registry, and the other (Tripmaster2beta) in a folder called Tripmaster under Program.

I must be doing something wrong? I am using TomTom Home v 2.1.2.121

Any help is appreciated. I loved Tripmaster in my old 910 before it froze up.

thanks,
Andy

On my 720 I've run both Tripmaster 1.8 and beta2.0. I have had no problems with lagging or freezing. My only question is...where can I find the logs that I'm recording during the trip?!?! haha

I have been trying to install, but no go.
I'm not sure what your problem is. But the easy way around the problem is to just COPY the .cap file to the sdkregistry folder on your TomTom and copy the tripmaster2beta file to the tripmaster folder on your TomTom. Then you should be able to run it!

Thanks for the reply.
When I go to Explorer and open the TomTom folder on the device, I do not find an SDK registry. Do I add the entire folder? Do I add a Tripmaster folder as well? If so, does it matter where on the TomTom I put these folders, or should they be sub-folders somewhere?
I am afraid I am over-thinking this, but I don't want to screw up my brand new 920.
In TomTom Home, I see the old Tripmaster (1.8) Ship waypoint and Offroad in the Home/Contents folder. Should I delete these? I thought they would have dissappeared when I installed the 920, but they are still in Home.
Thanks,
Andy

You just need to copy both the tripmaster and skdregistery folders to the root of your tomtom. also to get the beta version 2 to run, you have to copy the tripmaster.cap file for 1.8 into the skdregistry folder

it's just a drag and drop in explorer.

and don't worry about fouling things up in the unit. these folders can be just deleted if things are not the way you want.

tripmaster is excellent and works fine on my one with the latest maps and firmware. the developer deserves a lot of praise!!!!!

Last edited:
Tripmaster Installation

Thanks for the help so far...
I am getting closer. Now I have the Tripmaster and Tripmaster 2 Beta showing on the 920, but nothing happens when I touch their icons, except I revert to the map screen.
Tripmaster2beta is in a Tripmaster folder in the root of the 920, and Tripmaster2beta.cap and Tripmaster.cap are in the sdkregistry folder in the same root. What am I missing?
Help please.
Andy

sorry andy, but I'm not sure what is happening there. I do know you cannot run both together. have you tried running the beta version without touching the 1.8 icon?

also do you have the tripmaster.bmp file in the sdkregistry. I think that is the file that generates the screen?

Hello Andy

Did Tripmaster v1.8 ever run on the device?

In your previous post, you asked if you should create the tripmaster folder, and you mention not seeing the tripmater app in the Home application list, right? It sounds like you did a manual install and I could not get it to work that way.

I would try this (with my 720):
1) Complete backup (copy all files somewhere safe, you've already done this I'm sure)
2) Try to delete tripmaster through Home if possible
3) Delete the tripmaster folder. Delete any references to it in the sdkregistry folder. I think the skin folder should probably stay, someone chime in if I'm wrong here.
4) From the tripmaster v1.8 folder, copy the files:
tripmaster_v1.8*.cab
tripmaster_v1.8*.toc

to here (this is my particular xp setup, it's where Home will find the applications available to install, may be different for you):

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\TomTom\HOME\Downloads

5) Restart Home
6) You should now see tripmaster as available to install in the Home application. Install Tripmaster through Home
7) Run Tripmaster on the device, the screen will be garbled etc as described on the website
8) Reconnect to the PC and mod the config.txt file as instructed
9) I would run tripmaster again on the device to be sure it works
10) You should now have a tripmaster folder on the device. In that folder there should be a tripmaster file (no extension). Replace it with the tripmaster2beta file in the tripmaster folder of your beta download.
11) In the sdkregistry folder on the device, replace the tripmaster.cap with the tripmaster2beta.cap from the beta download

It should work for you now. Post if I've misunderstood your problem or you have questions.

Ask a Question